(Archived) Migrate a FirstClass post office to Evernote

Hi there, Kristian!

I'd be happy to talk to you more about this. Tell me more about about the needs the Business would have? We have a lot of great use-cases on the Business website (project coordination, company-wide communication, etc.). Do any of those sound like the kind of solution you're looking for?

Regards,

Hi there, Kristian!

I'd be happy to talk to you more about this. Tell me more about about the needs the Business would have? We have a lot of great use-cases on the Business website (project coordination, company-wide communication, etc.). Do any of those sound like the kind of solution you're looking for?

Regards,

Great!

What I need is a way to migrate my customers data from many OpenText FirstClass conferences to Evernote Business notebooks - emails, pictures, PDF, Word, Excel etc. I think I can get IMAP access to the FirstClass system, but as far as I can figure out, this will only give me access to their Inbox and subfolders. One thing to remember is that we need to maintain the original dates and sender info so the history also will be available.

They have 9 seats, and have used FirstClass since... well forever - so it is a lot of information and a lot of history.

The FirstClass Post Office is 16GB. This also has to be considered in terms of daily/monthly limits...

Looking forward to hear from you!

/Kristian

I'm somewhat familiar with the FirstClass product, but am not sure what sort of "exporting" options there are available for the data.

Depending on the methods they offer, it may not export / import all that easily. For instance, the original dates from the FirstClass data would not auto-populate into the "Date Created" field in Evernote. It's possible to edit the date created field, but that would be a very manually-intensive task!

In terms of space – Evernote Business accounts are allotted 2GB of upload (monthly) for each user on the account, so you would be fine on that front. 

Check into the export options via FirstClass, then tell me more about what you're needing to get into the Evernote account. I'll research to see if there is a creative way we can accomplish this.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I cannot get files and mails from folders using IMAP as they show up empty, so any advise here is appreciated. I need this to be able to sell the idea of Evernote to the customer. Each of their folders/conferences can contain files, messages or both.

I also have to know if the 2GB limit per user can be overruled the first time we hopefully has the ability to convert the FirstClass Postoffice...

What about using the email-in feature for Evernote? http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23480523

Perhaps since it's in email form, you could forward data in bulk into a specific Notebooks using the rules outlined in the KB article.

Would that work?

The first problem lies in getting mails, images and documents out of FirstClass - and the the next issue would be the 2GB monthly upload limit (the FirstClass PostOffice is 16GB).

The first problem is probably the more-difficult one to solve for. The Monthly upload limit (I suspect) wouldn't be an issue beyond the initial transition of 16GB to Evernote. The Customer Success team (for all Business accounts) is able to facilitate a one-time increase to the upload limit during the first month of service for help in transitioning to Evernote Business.

Unfortunately my customer can not wait much longer, so we have been forced to look at alternative methods like Google Apps... :( Perhaps I am still able to have them combine it with Evernote somehow, but they are quickly loosing their patience with us.

After an upgrade of the FirstClass client, we have been able to make an reasonable export from FirstClass getting all files and folders (and emails in xml and txt with images in a folder). The customers has agreed to manually move emails from folders and conferences. I have tried with different automated services like cloudHQ and Zapier getting files imported to Evernote as separate files and folders, but they are putting all files into one notebook. The 250 notebooks and 2 levels makes it a hard task to sell an otherwise excellent product.

One thing I am been waiting for from the Evernote Business team for many days is an answer to how many levels I can create notebooks in Evernote Business compared to Evernote Premium. Do you know that?

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

One thing I am been waiting for from the Evernote Business team for many days is an answer to how many levels I can create notebooks in Evernote Business compared to Evernote Premium. Do you know that?

Just wondering how it was you contacted the Business team? I'd love to circle back to see where your request is in our system.

Just wondering how it was you contacted the Business team? I'd love to circle back to see where your request is in our system.

http://evernote.com/intl/da/business/contact-us/

Archived