(Archived) Page Camera

IanDM

I feel cheated! I have used Moleskin products for many years and have always been pleased with them. I have used Evernote for over a year now and have been pleased with it. So I thought that the Evernote/Moleskin combo would be a great option.

It probably would if it worked!

The Page Camera option simply does not work.

Reading through the Forum I found that a great many people have the same problem.

I will take it back to the merchant tomorrow and try to get my money back.

It has been a long time since I have been so disappointed with a product.

Ian.

I tried taking pictures of the Evernote page and nothing happened other that a very fuzzy picture of the page. If there is something that I should be doing that I wasn't aware of please let me know and I'll stop thinking bad thoughts.

• Level 5*

I think you need to go into Evernote Settings on your device to 'switch on' the various colours and link them to your existing notebooks.  You can also try switching on and off the multi-shot camera in case there's some conflict with your installed camera.  I'm sure there are some recommendations on the blog about taking pictures in the best available light,  with the camera parallel to the page - you should be able to get some sharp pictures at least.  

I was going to start a new thread, but this seems close enough to tag onto.

Is there any way to disable the prompt/reminder I get every time I start the page camera? I have no interest in buying a Moleskine, the normal page camera is good enough for my needs not to use the additional features. I don't need what's effectively an advert every time I need to capture a page!

• 1 month later...

Second this, reminder every time is not needed. 

Is there any way to disable the prompt/reminder I get every time I start the page camera? I have no interest in buying a Moleskine, the normal page camera is good enough for my needs not to use the additional features. I don't need what's effectively an advert every time I need to capture a page!

Second this, reminder every time is not needed. 

+ 1. I bought the moleskin. I like it. Please stop asking me to buy it again!

+1

Other issues with page camera:

• Would like an option to make page camera the default camera. If I'm making a photo note, I always use page camera.
  • The timing of the shot often catches the glare from the flash. Any way to avoid catching the glare, besides tilting the camera?
  • Level 5*

Can you not turn flash off?  And find a better lit place to copy pages?  From a photography POV it's difficult to illuminate with a flash without getting bounce back from lots of surfaces...

@eric99

Say I take a photo in an naturally lit room. The preview photo on the camera view before I take the photo shows the text to be black on a brown or tan background (because the white paper is inadequately illuminated). I then take the photo and the flash fires. After the photo is taken, a preview of the taken photo appears for a few seconds. On this photo, the text appears as black on a white paper background and no flash glare is visible. Then, when the preview photo disappears and I review the taken photos in Evernote, the flash glare is clearly visible and some processing has been applied to make the text stand out from the paper more clearly.

I thought that perhaps Evernote tries to time the photo in such a way that illumination from the flash optimises the quality of the photo but the peak flash output is avoided so glare is minimised. This may or may not be the case.

@gazumped

You are right. I should probably just turn the flash off and optimise my illumination via other means. Once again, would be good to be able to set page camera with flash off as default for photo notes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived