(Archived) How to resolve the crash problem of Evernote Touch for Surface RT while entering?

Atlantis

I've been bothered by this problem for a really long time.

Every time I try to use Evernote Touch on my surface RT, I have to deal with the crash over and over again.

The app will start normally, switch to the hub page, and begin to sync. But then, after 5-10 seconds it exit automatically without saving anything.

This situation happened a lot, almost everytime since early this year.

Can you guys tell me how to fix it?

I turned to the service crew but got nothing useful. It happend again....

I'm sure if Evernote could fix it they would - what was your support ticket number?  If you can post it here we can ask someone to have another look...

Actually they couldn't. Many people have the same problem, and you can see that from this forum.

In my case, the service crew asked for my logs and then suggest me update to a beta version of EN Touch.

I did it and it worked out, but not last for long.

As the EN Touch updated to new versions in the next months and Windows 8.1 released recently , the same problem came up again.

Generally, EN Touch the app itself is far from good.

I really hope they can improve it quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an issue with evernote touch running exceptionally slow, then crashing on my windows 8.1 tablet/ultrabook.

It was resolved by changing these settings:

1. Go to: Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display
  2. Deselect the option: "Let me choose one scaling size for all my displays"

I also have magnification set to medium, though I'm unsure if that makes any difference.

Hi from Belgium,

Evernote don't care about Windows RT,  it's now more than 10 month that we can't use Evenote touch on a RT tablet. There is many thread about that in this forum.

This morning, surprise, a update is ready on my tablet! I do it and......  SAME CRASH WHEN SYNCHRONIZE!!!!  :(

So for me EVERNOTE CAN'T FIX AND IT'S NOT FAIR!

I create high level softwares for many of World greatest Diamonds companies since 30 years and I'm very disapointed that a company

than Evernote with there budget and there programmers can't resolve this problem since 10Months!

If one of my client have a problem,needs I resolve it fast, very fast, NOT 1 YEAR! :(((

S.

www.diamondsoftware.net

• Level 5*

Hi from Belgium,

Evernote don't care about Windows RT,  it's now more than 10 month that we can't use Evenote touch on a RT tablet. There is many thread about that in this forum.

This morning, surprise, a update is ready on my tablet! I do it and......  SAME CRASH WHEN SYNCHRONIZE!!!!   :(

I create high level softwares for many of World greatest Diamonds companies since 30 years and I'm very disapointed that a company

than Evernote with there budget and there programmers can't resolve this problem since 10Months!

If one of my client have a problem,needs I resolve it fast, very fast, NOT 1 YEAR! :(((

S.

www.diamondsoftware.net

I'm sorry this has been an issue for so long,  but Evernote don;t appear to be the only company to have issues with RT.  Have you raised a support ticket with Evernote on your issue?  If you can quote the number here we can ask someone to have a look at the current situation..

Windows RT may be undergoing some changes of its own too at some point..  Microsoft moves to unify Windows, Windows Phone, Windows RT

The issue isn't RT only. I have friends that have Surface Pro and have the same issue. Regardless of where microsoft is moving with RT - it most likely will be merged into the main product. They will have phone and OS - with x86/ARM support. This is what they had with the original NT and I don't think that the ARM code is causing the issue here.

Feel free to evangelize your half truths on the board. It doesn't change the dismal ratings on the Microsoft App store or the hundreds of posts here about the metro client. 

• Level 5*

Windows RT may be undergoing some changes of its own too at some point..  Microsoft moves to unify Windows, Windows Phone, Windows RT

The issue isn't RT only. I have friends that have Surface Pro and have the same issue. Regardless of where microsoft is moving with RT - it most likely will be merged into the main product. They will have phone and OS - with x86/ARM support. This is what they had with the original NT and I don't think that the ARM code is causing the issue here.

Feel free to evangelize your half truths on the board. It doesn't change the dismal ratings on the Microsoft App store or the hundreds of posts here about the metro client. 

There's an suggested fix in this thread,  though if you (or your friends) still have problems I suggest you submit support requests and publish the numbers here so Evernote can have an overview.

Feel free to explain where I half-truthed anyone at any time too..

Here is your half-truth:

"Evernote don;t appear to be the only company to have issues with RT." and the other BS that was sprouted about the OS being merged.

What does that have to do Evernote? If other Windows 8 (non-RT) users are having problems - you think the problem is with Windows or Evernote?

Really - which other companies are having issues with RT? Are we talking about selling RTs or are we talking about having problems because RT doesn't do something it's supposed to?

As far as my friends - I don't know anyone on this board - and I would just say they are Evernote customers. 

• Level 5*

I'm sure Ziff-Davis would be sad to know you have such a low opinion of their journalism.  My comment referencing friends (see emphasis above) was only to suggest that if there's a genuine problem it's really rather a good idea to submit a support request to help get it fixed.

Hi from Belgium,

This morning, surprise, a update is ready on my tablet! I do it and......  SAME CRASH WHEN SYNCHRONIZE!!!!   :(

S.

www.diamondsoftware.net

I'm sorry this has been an issue for so long,  but Evernote don;t appear to be the only company to have issues with RT.  Have you raised a support ticket with Evernote on your issue?  If you can quote the number here we can ask someone to have a look at the current situation..

Dear Gazumped,

I've done a support ticket more than 10 month ago... so..... :( :(

• Level 5*

Well,  if you have the time and still have problems,  please submit another ticket and post the number here.  Tickets get automatically lapsed after a certain time with no activity and yours may simply have fallen through the cracks.  If Evernote don't have active tickets for a problem it may fall through the priority list until it will never be fixed because it's no longer on anyone's radar.

I have communicated as recently as last week with Evernote regarding the open ticket. I don't know why they would lapse tickets that are open and unresolved - it makes no sense - and puts the workload on the customer to keep the support ball rolling. 

I'm pretty sure that based on the lack of response to the forum, the dismal ratings on the Windows app store and the number of tickets regarding the stability issue - that they are well aware of the issues and are just choosing to say nothing about it. They could say something to assure users that they are aware of the issues - they have a bead on what is causing them - and they have resources in place to resolve them. Instead, I get to read in the WSJ this week an interview with the president of the company and how they are building a 100 year brand. 

Oh brother...

• Level 5*

I have communicated as recently as last week with Evernote regarding the open ticket. I don't know why they would lapse tickets that are open and unresolved - it makes no sense - and puts the workload on the customer to keep the support ball rolling. 

I'm pretty sure that based on the lack of response to the forum, the dismal ratings on the Windows app store and the number of tickets regarding the stability issue - that they are well aware of the issues and are just choosing to say nothing about it. They could say something to assure users that they are aware of the issues - they have a bead on what is causing them - and they have resources in place to resolve them. Instead, I get to read in the WSJ this week an interview with the president of the company and how they are building a 100 year brand. 

Oh brother...

Evernote don't lapse active tickets,  but like any support team they do close ones that don't have any traffic on them after a while.  And I'm not suggesting that the customer needs to do anything to keep the support ball rolling other than provide information and feedback when it's asked for.  Rather than respond to my posts though when I'm still trying to be helpful,  you're continuing to point out how poor the service is and inventing (it would appear) facts to support your arguments.

In no particular order - 

You are getting responses on this forum.

Evernote's ratings in the Windows app store aren't 'dismal'.

You have not quoted one actual ticket number for your unverified stability issue.

You're not in a position to judge whether Evernote are aware of this issue or whether they are taking any action.

And since no-one here seems willing to work with them to help find and fix any issue,  it's no wonder there's no 'statement' yet.

And I agree the exchange on this topic so far is like something the Coen brothers wrote...

Oh brother...

Evernote don't lapse active tickets,  but like any support team they do close ones that don't have any traffic on them after a while.  And I'm not suggesting that the customer needs to do anything to keep the support ball rolling other than provide information and feedback when it's asked for.  Rather than respond to my posts though when I'm still trying to be helpful,  you're continuing to point out how poor the service is and inventing (it would appear) facts to support your arguments.

In no particular order - 

You are getting responses on this forum.

Evernote's ratings in the Windows app store aren't 'dismal'.

You have not quoted one actual ticket number for your unverified stability issue.

You're not in a position to judge whether Evernote are aware of this issue or whether they are taking any action.

And since no-one here seems willing to work with them to help find and fix any issue,  it's no wonder there's no 'statement' yet.

And I agree the exchange on this topic so far is like something the Coen brothers wrote...

I'm pretty sure that you were the one who said that Evernote lapsed tickets above? I didn't say that - that was clearly you:

"Well,  if you have the time and still have problems,  please submit another ticket and post the number here.  Tickets get automatically lapsed after a certain time with no activity and yours may simply have fallen through the cracks.  If Evernote don't have active tickets for a problem it may fall through the priority list until it will never be fixed because it's no longer on anyone's radar."

Regarding the ratings on the Windows store:

a) 2.9 out of 5 (average rating)

B) 758 1 star reviews (all with the same problem)

c) 575 2 star reviews

d) 698 3 star reviews

e) 457 4 star reviews

f)  683 5 star reviews

The top quotes (rated most helpful by other store users) are mostly the 1 and 2 star reviews. I don't what that says - but 3 out of 5 is not stellar ratings (perhaps they are not dismal - but the reviews are...)

In no particular order:

I'm getting responses from other users. These are not official responses. These are responses from other evernote users. I never claimed that I was not receiving responses from other users - I clearly stated that I didn't receive responses from EverNote. 

I'm in a position to judge because I have an open ticket for two months. I'm also in a position to judge based on the sheer number of open threads on this forum that have users who still have open issues. Here is the logic for you - I have an open ticket which means that evernote is aware of my issue. This ticket is open for two months with no response or suggestions on how to resolve the issue - hence I'm pretty sure that they are not taking any action. 

What do you mean that no one here is willing to work with Evernote? I sent them logs - I called them. I emailed them. I posted here and on G+ where there is an official Evernote presence? Is it too much to expect that EverNote would have paid support people on this forum instead of people like you? 

Perhaps you really have nothing to add this to conversation and you should go back to evangelizing the product to people who are not having problems. I don't see what concern it is of yours to try and correct my posts when it's clear that you are drinking the cool-aid. We all know how that worked out for Jim Jones and his followers - perhaps you should try to think on your own. I know you are just sitting home wearing your evernote aspirational clothing and typing this nonsense out. 

If you have nothing productive to add to my posts - refrain from typing - please. You are just pissing up a string and getting wet. 

• Level 5*

Still no answer to the single important question I notice.  If you prefer to have a conversation about how bad things are rather than find a way to fix them,  then please feel free.  I certainly won't interrupt you again.

I saw your post on G+ too by the way - I'm also a member of that group.  Didn't bother to reply there because I replied here.

• Level 5*

I don't even know who the Coen brothers are or what they wrote - but unless they have a fix for my stability problems in Evernote - you might as well start quoting Shakespeare. 

Sorry - missed that one:  the Coen's are a little famous so Google would have found them - they were connected with a funny little film called O Brother starring George Clooney which was about (amongst other things) misfortune and tragedy.  So I tied that in with your earlier comment "Oh Brother!" in a kind've humerous comment on the futility of insulting each other when we could be fixing a problem.

But what do I know.  I just sit here writing these technical manuals - you need an Evernote person to come help you..

I don't even know what the one thing I could have done to answer the question. Was it contact support? Did that. Was it open a ticket? Did that. Was it send logs? Did that. Install beta software? Did that.

I guess I could have looked up the reference to the movie - but my use of the "oh brother" was more along the lines of - give me a break. Who cares about Evernote socks? Marketing does not seem to have an issue here.

Either way, you don't seem to have any concrete suggestions on how to resolve the issue - technical manuals aside. As far as posting on G+ - I think that it's more effective to post on the officially ignored forums..

K

I don't even know what the one thing I could have done to answer the question. Was it contact support? Did that. Was it open a ticket? Did that. Was it send logs? Did that. Install beta software? Did that.

I guess I could have looked up the reference to the movie - but my use of the "oh brother" was more along the lines of - give me a break. Who cares about Evernote socks? Marketing does not seem to have an issue here.

Either way, you don't seem to have any concrete suggestions on how to resolve the issue - technical manuals aside. As far as posting on G+ - I think that it's more effective to post on the officially ignored forums..

K

And I'm not looking to fight with you here or on google - I'm looking to get my issue resolved. At the end of the day - I don't really know you and I have nothing against you - but I'm not sure why you can't seem to put the blame for the issue where it belongs - on the company that created the software - instead if putting it on the people who took the time to post.

That's my real issue with some of your posts...

• Level 5*

K

And I'm not looking to fight with you here or on google - I'm looking to get my issue resolved. At the end of the day - I don't really know you and I have nothing against you - but I'm not sure why you can't seem to put the blame for the issue where it belongs - on the company that created the software - instead if putting it on the people who took the time to post.

That's my real issue with some of your posts...

OK - one final try:  if you quote your support ticket reference number,  I can get someone to look at the history of this and maybe get you an update.  If you'd prefer that be direct to you and not in this forum that's fine - but the ticket number is the key.  As an "Evangelist" I don't have access to Evernote servers other than via my own accounts.  Only Evernote bodies can track down the history if they have the right details.

• Level 5*

OK - I completely missed that.  However it is now flagged - let's see if we can get some specific comment..  (but give it a working day or two - we're just coming up to the weekend)

I just got a Surface 2 and I can confirm that Evernote Touch app is completely unusable. It syncs a few hundreds notes and then start crashing every 10 seconds.  I can not even copy logs before it crashes. I re-installed the app a few times but it did not help. Can anybody recommend any other app that actually works, OneNote for example?

I just wanted to update this thread. I have heard NOTHING from evernote in the past week. I picked up a Dell Venue 8 Pro in the 99 door buster deal at the Microsoft store. I was able to load the full version of Evernote Windows - which works fine. The touch version - same problem. 

It does not crash immediately, it just does not sync at all. So at least we resolved the crashing problems.

We are coming up to another weekend - I know that I might have to just keep waiting and waiting for an actual response from Evernote....

• Level 5*

I just wanted to update this thread. I have heard NOTHING from evernote in the past week. I picked up a Dell Venue 8 Pro in the 99 door buster deal at the Microsoft store. I was able to load the full version of Evernote Windows - which works fine. The touch version - same problem. 

It does not crash immediately, it just does not sync at all. So at least we resolved the crashing problems.

We are coming up to another weekend - I know that I might have to just keep waiting and waiting for an actual response from Evernote....

I have had an acknowledgement to flagging your post - someone's taking a look at what's been going on so far;  more to follow...

I'm a paying Evernote user and I use EN primarily for storing receipts (via camera using EN Android app), managing to-dos (I'm using a great Getting Things Done (GTD) method using tags that I created after reading these forums), taking meeting notes, and just having a place to put everything else. I recently purchased a Surface 2 to replace my 1st gen iPad and the Surface exceeds my expectations, except for the fact that I'm stuck using Evernote Touch. In fact, I really shouldn't say "using" because the app is completely useless. I got it to work once, but it quickly reverted to the crashing, freezing disgrace of an app that should never have been released (did someone say Obamacare website?).

In any case, I've figured out a way to take notes on the Surface that works reasonably well, at least until Evernote gets the Touch app to work. I've been using OneNote (which comes free with the Surface) to take meeting notes and then I use the "share" charm on the Surface to send the note to my EN "inbox" notebook via email. Then, when I'm at my desk, I tag and file the notes in the "inbox" into the appropriate place in Evernote for future needs. Of course, I'd rather tag and save directly in EN, but that's just not possible using EN Touch. Luckily, I can still use the Windows version of EN on my desktop computer, which runs Windows 8.1.

I would think about moving completely over to OneNote, but it just doesn't seem to work as well for storing receipts, GTD, etc. At least I can now use my Surface 2 for taking and saving notes to EN...

I had flagged this internally, and it looks like your particular ticket was placed on hold while we work with the development team on it, apologies on the lack of communication there. We were delaying further response until we had gotten some traction on the problem, but really should have sent along another update in the mean time.  We are definitely aware of these crash issues and have been focused on resolving. Nailing this particular bug has been complicated, to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...

Just submitted ticket 287837. It's been another 12 days with no updates here.

Even the tech guys get holidays...

That's a total BS answer. As if some of us here have not been waiting for almost 60 days. 

Do you think that they were on holiday for that total period of time or do you think that you can just reduce the problems of others with answers like that.

We get it - you are an "evangelist" - you are not doing the brand any service with answers like that. Answers that like that just annoy people and it is really uncalled for.

Keep up the good work.

• Level 5*

Wow.  I'm totally humbled.  I don't think though that I actually attempted to belittle any delays or reduce any problems in the 5 words I posted,  nor (if you actually read the sig) do I speak 'for' Evernote.  I was pointing out, as a grown-up in a public forum where freedom of speech is still available,  that complaining about delays at a time when most folks are on holiday is a tad unproductive.  

I get that you're frustrated,  and that things aren't working in the way that they should.  In my prejudiced opinion however,  being immature about it really won't help.

Wow.  I'm totally humbled.  I don't think though that I actually attempted to belittle any delays or reduce any problems in the 5 words I posted,  nor (if you actually read the sig) do I speak 'for' Evernote.  I was pointing out, as a grown-up in a public forum where freedom of speech is still available,  that complaining about delays at a time when most folks are on holiday is a tad unproductive.  

I get that you're frustrated,  and that things aren't working in the way that they should.  In my prejudiced opinion however,  being immature about it really won't help.

I don't know why you would be humbled here. 

So you speak for the company now? Complaining about delays on a public forum about a lack of support is acceptable. What is not acceptable is you reducing that complaint by trying to make it appear that the poster of the complaint (who I want to just state for the record was not me) is being unreasonable by not allowing the good people at Evernote time to enjoy the holiday with their families is just total bullshite. 

What is not productive on this board is just about every post that you make. For some reason - and I don't know exactly why you feel the need - but you want to paint the company as one that NEVER makes a mistake or all of the problems are user problems and we are being unreasonable here. What is unreasonable is releasing a product that clearly does not work. 

Regarding you calling me immature - I have children and I know deflection when I see it. You my friend, are deflecting. 

Why is it that you are able to post here but the legitimate support tickets are going unanswered. Am I to believe that on Sunday, December 27th - ALL employees of the company are home with their families? The company is just running on autopilot?

"Even the tech guys get holidays" - really - after the guy had a ticket open for 12 days - that is your answer? They are on holiday? What about my ticket that is still open without a response for almost 60 days. Was the entire company on holiday for 60 days as well? 

Do me a favor - do you "evangelist" job somewhere else. You are just annoying people with legitimate problems. The only thing annoying me and frustrating people here is you. 

• Level 5*

To answer a few of your points - 

1. "Evangelists" are generally experienced users who help people with problems where possible,  suggest work-arounds,  and generally act as moderators of this forum.  We're not here to explain away issues or claim that Evernote can do no wrong.  We are not employees,  and my sig confirms that I do NOT speak for the company.
  2. I did not seek to mock,  reduce or otherwise deflect any criticism made by the original poster of that comment,  whom as you point out,  was not you anyway.
  3. I can post here because I choose to.  The guys who do the support tickets will probably be back at work tomorrow for at least a day or two.  And yes,  Evernote work weekdays,  not weekends.
  4. As to your ticket still being open without response,  there's an open apology higher up this thread with a comment that this is a complicated issue to resolve. They still appear to be working on it.

My question is why you even bother. You are not helping anyone here. Go to another thread and do your thing - suggest work arounds - moderate. Do whatever you want. 

While you claim not to reduce or deflect criticism of the company - that is all you have been doing. Perhaps you should read this thread - the other threads where I posted. You claim to what to help people - how exactly was your post about people being on vacation helpful? Perhaps that user was just venting and was frustrated and wanted to post. 

You and I don't seem to be seeing eye to eye on almost anything. The open response above was posted - agreed - someone is looking into it. I don't believe that it takes weeks and weeks to figure out a problem like this. Based on the numbers posting here - it should not be impossible to figure out why the program is crashing. Seems like a little QA would have caught an ongoing issue here - and the issue is ongoing for almost a year. I had my original surface RT which had the same problem. I hear empty words coming from evernote. 

Granted - you can post anywhere you want. I will continue to call you out each time you post something moronic - which at this rate - would make it a full time job on my part. Please - if you have nothing to say to add value to this conversation - say nothing. 

• Level 5*

IMHO the forum is for requesting help,  reporting bugs,  raising queries,  suggesting features and ongoing conversations related to the above.  There's also a support / feedback process that links directly back to Evernote for raising tickets and specific queries and complaints.  Venting,  no matter how frustrated the individual,  really doesn't motivate anyone to fix things faster than is already possible.  I can't think of a good reason for Evernote to drag its feet,  other than 1) it's a busy time of year,  and 2) it's not an easy problem to solve.  I actually agree with you (sorry) in that Evernote maybe could have handled the whole situation better - but then we don't know the whole story.  In light of gbarry's comments above I'd suggest we all sit back and let them get on with it.

My question is why you even bother. You are not helping anyone here. Go to another thread and do your thing - suggest work arounds - moderate. Do whatever you want. 

While you claim not to reduce or deflect criticism of the company - that is all you have been doing. Perhaps you should read this thread - the other threads where I posted. You claim to what to help people - how exactly was your post about people being on vacation helpful? Perhaps that user was just venting and was frustrated and wanted to post. 

You and I don't seem to be seeing eye to eye on almost anything. The open response above was posted - agreed - someone is looking into it. I don't believe that it takes weeks and weeks to figure out a problem like this. Based on the numbers posting here - it should not be impossible to figure out why the program is crashing. Seems like a little QA would have caught an ongoing issue here - and the issue is ongoing for almost a year. I had my original surface RT which had the same problem. I hear empty words coming from evernote. 

Granted - you can post anywhere you want. I will continue to call you out each time you post something moronic - which at this rate - would make it a full time job on my part. Please - if you have nothing to say to add value to this conversation - say nothing. 

The nice thing is that you can easily hide posts from any forum user. Settings/Manage Ignore Prefs is just two clicks away :)  

• 2 weeks later...

I also have opened a ticket for this same issue (#304705 on January 11, 2014), but have not heard anything. Is there any update on its status? As widespread as it appears this problem is, it would be nice to get more frequent updates. Even if there was no published date that we could expect a fix, just knowing it was being worked on would be encouraging. And I would be more than happy to try beta versions and assist in troubleshooting, testing, whatever.

I had flagged this internally, and it looks like your particular ticket was placed on hold while we work with the development team on it, apologies on the lack of communication there. We were delaying further response until we had gotten some traction on the problem, but really should have sent along another update in the mean time.  We are definitely aware of these crash issues and have been focused on resolving. Nailing this particular bug has been complicated, to say the least.

Any update on the updates?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having this same problem. Picked up a Surface RT a couple days ago (they seem rather cheap at the moment!), installed evernote pretty much straight away. It worked for a few hours but now it lasts about 30 seconds (with the dots scrolling along the top) before it crashes. I'm guessing its something to do with the volume of notes (I have 426 in total). 

It would be great to find out about any fixes.

I have an open problem report and have received a couple suggestions from their support team, but nothing that has worked. I have been a strong proponent of EN and even liked it enough to become a Premium member, but I am becoming more and more frustrated with the lack of support on this issue. It would be one thing if they responded and provided some information, but feedback has been minimal.

Just for sake of annoyance, I will also add my "me too!" on the Surface crashes. At least to my limited observations, it seems to have something to do with the number of notes being synced. When I first loaded it, it worked "fine" (in quotes because I think the app itself is unsatisfactory compared to other platforms). It did not crash for a couple months. After the first crash, i uninstalled/reinstalled and it worked OK, though for a shorter time. As my number of notes has grown, the time between needing to uninstall/reinstall continues to become shorter. It is now down to a couple days. The sad part is, the Surface is my primary meeting note-taking equipment.

I will have to add in my voice / "me too" here. I haven't been able to use Evermore app (windows modern UI) even once since I installed it the first day I got my surface RT. The app totally crashes out and will not sync my notes at all. I would appeal to all users who are experiencing the same issues to post here. The Evermore app has also not been undated for a few months, unlike the desktop app which they updates regularly..... Please evermore team, pls fix this.

I will have to add in my voice / "me too" here. I haven't been able to use Evermore app (windows modern UI) even once since I installed it the first day I got my surface RT. The app totally crashes out and will not sync my notes at all. I would appeal to all users who are experiencing the same issues to post here. The Evermore app has also not been undated for a few months, unlike the desktop app which they updates regularly..... Please evermore team, pls fix this.

Hi from S. Korea.

I'm also using EN on my various devices like iPhone, iPad, iMac, windows 7 laptop and Surface rt. So most of you can easily guess I have same issue on surface rt.

I believe EN need to do something or post some opinion about this issue soon because some users already paid the money to use the premium ver. of EN including me.

I submitted the ticket and my ticket number is #344843

• Level 5*

Evernote (see my signature) seldom give predictions about when a difficult problem will be fixed.  If you haven't already,  I'd suggest you submit a formal support request (also see below) - it adds to the stats and ensures you'll get some feedback in due course...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again,

OK! NOW IT WORKS!!!  :rolleyes:

ALL MY NOTES (+2500) ARE UPDATED.

AFTER ONE YEAR WE CAN NOW WORK!  :angry:

If I've done that with my clients... I will be dead!  :huh:

Now hope that we can work normally on the Surface (taking notes, synchro,..)

Also anyone know is the notes are locally saved, so we can work offline, don't try fit for the moment, I will try next tuesday...

I didn't found a option to set OFFLINE notes like on Android version.

Nice Weekend

S.

Enfin indeed. I've had this WinRT laptop for just about a year and not been able to use Evernote on it.

I understand everyone's frustration. Hopefully the management will never again let reliability drop like that again.

Hey am I the only one who still isn't able to work with EN?

I just checked for updates within the software, and it says I'm running the latest version (5.1.2.2387), but I'm still having the same issue: it freezes and (worste) new notes and notebooks don't sync with the web (they seems to be local, though I set them as synced notebooks).

I own a Surface Pro 2.

PS: what if I uninstall the app to re-install it?

Will I lose all my not-yet-synced notes?

• Level 5*

Hey am I the only one who still isn't able to work with EN?

I just checked for updates within the software, and it says I'm running the latest version (5.1.2.2387), but I'm still having the same issue: it freezes and (worste) new notes and notebooks don't sync with the web (they seems to be local, though I set them as synced notebooks).

I own a Surface Pro 2.

PS: what if I uninstall the app to re-install it?

Will I lose all my not-yet-synced notes?

Backup your database in case,  but a reinstall should only affect the software,  not your database.

Archived