Booted out of new note after entering title - Aargh!

shambhavi

Idea

Hi there, 

I'm not sure when this started - but most often these days when I enter the title of a new note, before I can press return or click into the note body, I am auto-annoyingly whisked out of the new note and into the first note in whatever notebook I happen to be in.

Please. Make. It. Stop. Anyone know how?

Thanks!

Forgot to say, I am on a Mac.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi there, 

I'm not sure when this started - but most often these days when I enter the title of a new note, before I can press return or click into the note body, I am auto-annoyingly whisked out of the new note and into the first note in whatever notebook I happen to be in.

Please. Make. It. Stop. Anyone know how?

Thanks!

Forgot to say, I am on a Mac.

I don't think I have seen this happen before to me, though I do have problems getting kicked out of notes on occasion (I have reported this in the past). I haven't found a pattern yet. Is it syncing that does it? I don't know. I'll keep my eyes out.

Just wanted to confirm that it's happening here as well. Evernote version 5.4.4 on a Mac - extremely annoying.

Pretty sure it's not the syncing, since it happened to me while creating many notes in a row (on each note), and the sync doesn't happen this often.

• Level 5*

Just wanted to confirm that it's happening here as well. Evernote version 5.4.4 on a Mac - extremely annoying.

Pretty sure it's not the syncing, since it happened to me while creating many notes in a row (on each note), and the sync doesn't happen this often.

I have had it happen a couple of times. One time I got booted out of my account and into my other one (weird). It keeps you on your toes :)

I have been having this problem as well.  It has been happening since at least whichever version was out when OS X Lion was out and it is still happening now with Mavericks and Evernote 5.5 (402491 Direct). At first I couldn't reproduce the error on my own so I thought it was just something I was doing wrong but now I am able to make it happen so I know it exists.

It happens to me even if sync is set to manual.  And I too have made many notes in a row with the same problematic effect.

I have also noticed that it only happens if I already have a note that started with the same letter.  

For example let's say I have a note that starts with the letter R.  When I enter a new note and the title starts with R the note will loose focus and the first note in the notebook will be selected.  The loss of focus doesn't happen right after the first letter it seems to happen if you delay/pause while typing or tab out of the title box.  If I don't already have a note that started with R then the loss of focus does not happen.

I saw there is a new version in beta that I am eager to try once it is out of beta.  However since it states "- Note you are working on stays in focus during sync" and as stated above it is happening even without sync I am not getting my hopes up, but it would be awesome if this has been fixed.

With Evernote 5.5.1 I am still having this issue.  The problem only seems to occur if I have the following settings:

View: Snippets View
Sort: Title & Alphabetical & Show Notes in Groups

With "Show Notes in Groups" being the deciding factor

If "Show Notes in Groups” is unchecked I no longer have the problem of the note switching.  

I had a friend try the setting and he also has the glitch when “Show Notes in Groups” is checked.

What appears to be happening is that after the title is entered the notes resort in the snippets pane but Evernote looses track of which note was selected and defaults to whatever is at the top.

So if you can do without the headings in Alphabetical view uncheck the “Show Notes in Groups” and you should be good.

Archived