Camera for Moleskine gone in new IOS version 7?

Hi I am updating my devices and have always loved the special page camera for my Moleskine evernote book. When i updated my phone and ipad this seems to have disappeared? Also on my phone, when i hit camera, it only lets me photograph, not use the document function. My ipad has just crashed altogether with evernote and wont work.

I had allocated notebooks to the stickers in my moleskine but they dont seem to be working anymore?

help i have to present at school next week, why we should use this app.........

• Level 5*

Hi I am updating my devices and have always loved the special page camera for my Moleskine evernote book. When i updated my phone and ipad this seems to have disappeared? Also on my phone, when i hit camera, it only lets me photograph, not use the document function. My ipad has just crashed altogether with evernote and wont work.

I had allocated notebooks to the stickers in my moleskine but they dont seem to be working anymore?

help i have to present at school next week, why we should use this app.........

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Inside a note, tap the paperclip, choose "document camera," and you will see the page camera (now called "document camera"). The name change is a little unfortunate, because the Moleskine notebooks call it a page camera, but I am guessing the name change was made to accommodate post-its as well. Anyhow, the recognition for stickers ought to be working. Could you give us details of the issue?

As for the crashing, that is something else entirely, and i encourage you to file a bug report with support (see the link below). By the way, I have a blog post on handwriting recognition. This might help you with the presentation next week.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=876

I am also not thrilled with the updated Molskine functionality.  I was immediately able to the use the 'documents' setting within the camera, but this makes it a two step process from the home screen.

1) Is there a way to put the Molskine capture on the App home page?

2) The aspect ratio of the 'Document' photo window is no longer congruent with the Moleskine notebook.  Is there a way to adjust?

3) Occasionally when capturing multiple pages, pages will show up as different sizes within Evernote.  All of the information is there, but the varying page sizes is annoying, particularly to a Moleskine/Evernote user base that very likely skews to the 'detail oriented' end of the personality spectrum.

Any suggestions?

• 7 months later...

I will also concur with Svid311 on this. The aspect ratio is not consistent with a Moleskine notebook at times. Since you guys have a "Post-It Note" setting, I think a Moleskine notebook setting also makes sense, otherwise making the Document Camera automatically detect that this is a Moleskine notebook and then making it crop correctly would be another great alternative!

The document camera which is what you would normally use for scanning a moleskin smart notebook DOES detect edges. Sometimes not successfully, but most of the time.

Aspect ratio of the box is largely irrelevant. (Although I'll never understand why they use this odd box thing anyway.... Since it really doesn't matter given that it detects edges and thus removes the excess.)

I'm having trouble with capture from my Moleskin notebook as well. It's cutting off the bottom of the pages. Also, Evernote flat out crashed a few times while trying to get the shot. Bummer. I really had high hopes for this ability.

Concur with Marlee. That's what I meant by the aspect ratio not being captured properly - content at the edges of the page are cropped off.

Also, can the auto-straightening be made 100% accurate please? What I mean is this - sometimes, the page "lifts" up naturally, as a result of the binding of the book, thus creating a curve. If that happens, a part of the desk is captured as well as the page, and is left behind in the final image. Here is a link to both issues cropping up (pardon the pun!) simultaneously: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s3/sh/3f251c55-fb6e-4c8b-8d6c-2de1b3909d25/e314ae927696219116111f0d022fd605

You will note that part of the desk behind the page is captured in the image, which never happens if I write on a page that doesn't "lift" naturally. Also, the content at the bottom of the page is cropped off.

For the benefit of the devs, I'm a coder myself, and I have tried (albeit very, very briefly) my hand at image processing. I believe one solution would be to harness the fact that there are gridlines on the page to straighten out the image. To solve the cropping problem, one solution would be to look for the corners of the Moleskine page, to delimit where the left and/or right corners are. They are curved, and have a distinct curve to them, which doesn't change from Moleskine to Moleskine.

Archived