Evernote App crashes when saving PDF markup

In the evernote app on ios7 (fully updated), when I go to save any markup created on the PDF (by clicking 'save') the entire app crashes/quits and all markup is lost. 

Just one in a long series of problems I've been having with skitch markup, pdfs and evernote on ios7 and Mac. The markup functionality is now rendered moot and useless as it sporadically does not work, does not save, does not display, or forces the entire program to stop working. 

Likewise here. The inconsistency of design (flipping page vs. scrolling) as well as saving taking the user back to the beginning is poorly considered. It would be a huge help if annotations & highlighting could be done in real-time while reading, instead of having to switch modes, find the spot, markup, save, then find the spot again. 10 steps could be 2.

I'd love to hear suggestions on alternate readers/options that people have found useful.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Encountered this problem yesterday on my Macbook Air (fully updated). It worked once, with only two commas added in the markup (I was proofreading). Then I finished the 4 pages long document and it crashed when I tried to save! Apparently this is an ongoing problem? 

While we are on the topic of Evernote markup, it would really help if there were shortcuts for say, the highlighting mode or adding text, etc whilst marking. If there are shortcuts, please can anyone tell me what they are?! Also, I put the text in red, but highlight or put arrows in different colours. Unfortunately, colours (and sizes too!) change for all of them when I change only one. It is very time consuming to keep going back and forth different settings... 

I too would welcome any other suggestions for marking pdf documents! 

Same issue here, pdf's fine when marking up but when I press save it just reverts back to the original PDF. We are running Maas360 security package, so not sure if this has something to do with it, no other issues in any similar apps though. iPad 4 latest iOS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is driving me mad. If it wasn't for the fact that I really appreciate the summary I'd annotate elsewhere. I've just wasted half an hour with nothing to show for it, AND I'm working on a time sensitive project! FIX THIS.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been having the same problem, but I noticed it happens usually if the PDF is a single page (a very long one). Also, I forgot to save the changes I made to a paper (PDF) and closed the app. Now I can't even open Evernote because it tries to open that paper and crashes... :( Not cool.  :excl:

Archived