(Archived) Why am I not able to add carriage returns to notes?

It's been a while since I tried Evernote, but now I need a place to store notes. To my dismay I can't seem to be able to add carriage returns to my notes on Firefox on iOS. What's the deal? Does Evernote no longer give users the freedom to format their notes as they wish? Or is this a bug?

It would be nice to be able to enter a note the way I want to enter it, not have it some single line blurb. Sort of lkike Springpad, where they give you the freedom to enter the text as you wish.

It's been a while since I tried Evernote, but now I need a place to store notes. To my dismay I can't seem to be able to add carriage returns to my notes on Firefox on iOS. What's the deal? Does Evernote no longer give users the freedom to format their notes as they wish? Or is this a bug?

It would be nice to be able to enter a note the way I want to enter it, not have it some single line blurb. Sort of lkike Springpad, where they give you the freedom to enter the text as you wish.

Not sure why the inquiry had to be embedded in all the drama, but yeah, as Metrodon said, use the EN app.

Try the native app, Evernote has never worked well on a browser on iOS - if you insist on using a browser then use http://evernote.com/m/

Thanks for the answer, this is what I needed to know, makes my evaluation nice and short. A service that can't run in a browser and requires a native app isn't very interesting to me. it shouldn't be that hard to write an actual browser app version given that all browsers now support HTML5.

Not sure why the inquiry had to be embedded in all the drama, but yeah, as Metrodon said, use the EN app.

Not sure why you had to add your own drama to the thread since I already got one valid answer.

Try the native app, Evernote has never worked well on a browser on iOS - if you insist on using a browser then use http://evernote.com/m/

Thanks for the answer, this is what I needed to know, makes my evaluation nice and short. A service that can't run in a browser and requires a native app isn't very interesting to me. it shouldn't be that hard to write an actual browser app version given that all browsers now support HTML5.

In my experience, *many* rich text editor systems work really poorly on iOS browsers. It would be nice if it wasn't that hard to write an HTML5 app that works everywhere, but the more features you put into it the more work you need to put in to making it work everywhere.

Evernote doesn't seem to put a lot of effort into the browser editor on iOS because iPhones and iPads are generally not shared devices that you just walk up to and use. They have native clients that work well. The web interface is intended for desktop users on shared machines.

Personally, what I want is a web interface on a desktop browser and a native app on iOS. I've almost never been happy with fancy HTML5 interactive apps on iOS.

Posted · Hidden by gbarry, November 11, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by gbarry, November 11, 2013 - No reason given

Not sure why you had to add your own drama to the thread since I already got one valid answer.

My reply was very straight forward, valid and not embedded in any drama.

My reply was very straight forward, valid and not embedded in any drama.

If you're going to moonlight as an evangelist for Evernote, might want to rethink your tactics around being critical of prospective customers' posts. Your post plus the fact that the app actually doesn't work properly is a good combo to get me to want to go elsewhere.

If you're going to moonlight as an evangelist for Evernote, might want to rethink your tactics around being critical of prospective customers' posts. Your post plus the fact that the app actually doesn't work properly is a good combo to get me to want to go elsewhere.

The app does indeed work properly. You could have asked a straight forward question. You chose to embed a lot of drama, which is certainly your choice. As is my choice to make a comment about it.

The app does indeed work properly. You could have asked a straight forward question. You chose to embed a lot of drama, which is certainly your choice. As is my choice to make a comment about it.

And your choice was a bad choice, as in my post didn't need your negative comment. I've moved on to Sprinpad, you just helped me make my choice. And the app actually doesn't work correctly as others have pointed out. Don't bother being a volunteer evangelist if you're gonna be rude to prospective customers.

And your choice was a bad choice, as in my post didn't need your negative comment. I've moved on to Sprinpad, you just helped me make my choice. And the app actually doesn't work correctly as others have pointed out. Don't bother being a volunteer evangelist if you're gonna be rude to prospective customers.

That's your opinion. If you're going to be in the habit of making overly dramatic posts, yeah, there's a reasonable chance you're going to some comments that you perceive to be negative.  I see nothing wrong with my comment.  But, if you don't want to get them, just post something simple & straight forward.

Good luck with Springpad.

Archived