(Archived) Dear Evernote, HELP please

Hey there...

I use free evernote on my windows 7 laptop & windows 8 PC, its synced together..
please someone help me, it's been months & i can't Uplod anything in my syncronised notebooks, means i can't use the given 60mb free space.. like today the monthly limit renewed & what i see is i have used all of it, where infact i haven;t touched it yet...
& on the web versin of my notebooks, alot of notes are not uploaded like from previous some months... like 8 months.

getting frustrated cuz i was used to the app...

why is this happening. help...

Awaiting response from evernote & other members aswell. thanks

• Level 5*

Hey there...

I use free evernote on my windows 7 laptop & windows 8 PC, its synced together..

please someone help me, it's been months & i can't Uplod anything in my syncronised notebooks, means i can't use the given 60mb free space.. like today the monthly limit renewed & what i see is i have used all of it, where infact i haven;t touched it yet...

& on the web versin of my notebooks, alot of notes are not uploaded like from previous some months... like 8 months.

Hey Sam. Welcome to the forum. It sounds like something has gone wrong, but I am not sure what. Could you send us a screen shot of your account usage? That might help us figure out what is happening.

Just to be clear: you are creating and editing notes on your Windows machine in synced notebooks, the notes are all there, and you can see the notes on both machines? When you go to Evernote on the web at www.evernote.com and log in you cannot see the notes?

This sounds impossible, because for the notes to sync from one machine to another, they have to go through the web, so please check that out.

Finally, do you have anything in your trash on either device?

Hey there...

Have you logged onto the web client & checkd your usage there? Have you sync'd? The true usage is on the web client. If you haven't synced your computers, they will not have the accurate usage.

First of all thankyou so much for responding, thats really kind of you 2ndly as I love to use this app, i kind of know almost everythng that i need to know about it. atleast the essential info; & yes Every thing that both of you kind users have told i have checked them... Below is the screenshot of the web account that i capped minute ago. notice that its novermebr & the last note that is uploaded is of 2012... & i dont have other HEAVY syncd notebooks that could eat  my allowance up... mostly i put things up in my journal that is the default notebook.

in the other photo is my laptop version, (im not using my PC's evernot erightnow as i dont sit with PC that much so..) - notice that the posts are made just some days ago & they are not uploaded to the web....

stuff from January 2013 is not syncd to my web version.. what to do now :/

Also i havent reached my Total Note Amount per free user account yet, not even 10% of it.

help plz.

post-160223-0-02985600-1383424042_thumb.

post-160223-0-72056800-1383424407_thumb.

Hey there...

Have you logged onto the web client & checkd your usage there? Have you sync'd? The true usage is on the web client. If you haven't synced your computers, they will not have the accurate usage.

I Only use the Laptop client... I just used the web client now, made a note to see if it was downlnoaded on my laptop & it did it downloaded rightaway, problem is my notes done Upload... helm me to plz fix it.

• Level 5*

Hey there...

I Only use the Laptop client... I just used the web client now, made a note to see if it was downlnoaded on my laptop & it did it downloaded rightaway, problem is my notes done Upload... helm me to plz fix it.

If I understand you correctly, you have two computers, right? If you make a note on computer 1, press the sync button, then open the Evernote client on computer 2, and press the sync client, do you see the note? Do you see the note on www.evernote.com after you press the sync button on computer 1?

Hey there...

If I understand you correctly, you have two computers, right? If you make a note on computer 1, press the sync button, then open the Evernote client on computer 2, and press the sync client, do you see the note? Do you see the note on www.evernote.com after you press the sync button on computer 1?

computer 2 is off like its off right now with evernote Uninstalled at the moment so i cant do this right now as u asked but yes it happed, notes synced everywhere where i installed the app & logged in with my account, but i havent done it since last june on the 2nd pc, using only one pc from then, though I did manually copy the database from computer 1 in to computer 2 from time to time (so that i could find everything same whenever i used the other pc) & 'didnt SYNC anything from that 2nd PC'(so that my allowance wasnt being eaten up by that other pc too). But now that i notice, None of the 2013's data is uploaded while i was constantly using the allowance of 60 mb / month.

Now telme what to do.... :/

Hey there...

computer 2 is off like its off right now with evernote Uninstalled at the moment so i cant do this right now as u asked but yes it happed, notes synced everywhere where i installed the app & logged in with my account, but i havent done it since last june on the 2nd pc, using only one pc from then, though I did manually copy the database from computer 1 in to computer 2 from time to time (so that i could find everything same whenever i used the other pc) & 'didnt SYNC anything from that 2nd PC'(so that my allowance wasnt being eaten up by that other pc too). But now that i notice, None of the 2013's data is uploaded while i was constantly using the allowance of 60 mb / month.

inshort i have actually 155 notes in my default notebook out of which only 119 (2011=2012 are uploaded only)

• Level 5*

Hey there...

inshort i have actually 155 notes in my default notebook out of which only 119 (2011=2012 are uploaded only)

I am tempted to say that you will want to deal with support on this one, because it sounds like you might have caused yourself trouble with the database copying. Here is some stuff to know (#1 and #2) and a few more questions (#3, #4, and #5).

(1) Evernote calculates upload amounts only. You can download as much as you want onto as many devices as you want. Using computer #2 and syncing to the Evernote servers would not affect your usage in any way, unless, of course, you were to add notes or modify them on computer 2.

(2) Copying your database over to another computer should not ever be necessary. I do copy my database for backups and the like, but that is not part of the regular operation. If everything is working properly, then it all just syncs and there is no manual effort involved.

(3) If I understand you correctly, you have 155 notes on computer #1, but only 119 are showing on your account at www.evernote.com. Is this right?

(4) Is there anything in your trash? The monthly usage calculates the amount in the trash as well, so emptying the trash may reduce the monthly usage to 0.

(5) What is the monthly usage on www.evernote.com and on computer #1?

Archived