(Archived) Issues with making and viewing notes since new update

Damian Lee

I use a lot of audio notes but now the audio files dont show - I had a good panic (lol) but found I can get them back by cycling through the different note views (card, list etc) which of course sucks. And once you get one note working you have to repeat on the next.

Also typing in the notes title field then tabbing now takes you to the meta data fields not the note body - this whole update has wrecked the way I want to use evernote (you know to make notes) and makes everything harder. Going from the note title to body now also needs double or more clicks as it doesnt always register its in the body yet - so I end up often retyping text which again slows me down. Want to make a note with just a title? It wont save unless you click on the body first so you lose it. 

Is it like this for others or am I doing something wrong?

• Level 5*

The tabbing wasn't all that great in V4, either; might have gotten worse in V5, though. Navigation through the UI could be a lot better, no doubt, whether by tabbing or explicit shortcut keys that take you to locations in the UI.

Want to make a note with just a title? Easiest way is just to make note with a line of text; that just gets used as the title. Ctrl+N, typetypetype, done. Technically it's not a note with just a title, but is that criterion all that important?

The tabbing wasn't all that great in V4, either; might have gotten worse in V5, though. Navigation through the UI could be a lot better, no doubt, whether by tabbing or explicit shortcut keys that take you to locations in the UI.

I would be happy with the age old convention of tab takes you down one field!

Want to make a note with just a title? Easiest way is just to make note with a line of text; that just gets used as the title. Ctrl+N, typetypetype, done. Technically it's not a note with just a title, but is that criterion all that important?

That used to be how it worked I agree but now I get either note title or untitled note - its even worse from the android app as it seems to suck note titles from my google diary (even though I have not asked it to ever) so new note and typetypetype leads to 

Note from feed the cactus

--------------------------------

typetypetype

Or even worse uses my location data - I know which city I live in and thats hardly a way to sort notes!!!

Archived