Dark Theme/Dark Mode

Maybe I am ignorant but I really don't understand why it takes so much time to implement such a simple feature as a dark theme to Evernote application. There are workarounds to change website background colour but I don't use website, only Windows and Android apps. :-(

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And AustinG has replied to my Evernote support ticket ("Chris" is Evernote CEO O'Neill, who responded to me on Twitter); we now have official confirmation, for the first time in four years, from both the CEO and from product support, that this is being worked on:

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Evernote Support and for submitting this request. As Chris mentioned, this is something we're working on, but I do not currently have an estimate on when it will be implemented. We'll continue to announce updates to the apps as we release them.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or issues with Evernote.

Thanks,

Austin G.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup. I'm yet ANOTHER user looking for a solution. I tried Alternote, but Alternote doesn't allow you to open two note windows at once (wtf?), but at least it has a couple different color backgrounds. I can't speak to its overall integration with evernote. 

But seriously, the UI "improvements" haven't really been an improvement. Bringing us back to the old days of really stark black and white monitors. Sheesh.

To Evernote Developers:

Please please please add a dark theme or night mode with black background with white text.  It will save my eyes...it's so harsh looking at the bright white screen.  Plus it will save on battery life.  So many other apps have been able to implement this option (eg. Pocket, NYT etc) and it looks so good.

PLEASE.  ADD.  DARK THEME OPTION.  SOON.

I love Evernote and have been a premium paying customer for years but I may have to leave if you can't offer a dark theme option soon.  Already looking into other options...

I've given up about 4 months ago and switched to an IDE project in Git repository.

Registered at CloudHQ and set up a sync to Google Drive https://www.cloudhq.net/synchronize/evernote/google_docs
Downloaded the files and made an Intellij IDEA project out of them.

Created a free private Git repository at https://bitbucket.org 

• git clone
  • copy project there
  • git commit 
  • git push

Added plugins: 

And now I have:

• darcula theme
  • handy hotkeys
  • beautiful markdown highlighting
  • full linux support :D
  • notes history
  • backup in multiple places
  • ability to open notes in text editor, e.g. Sublime
  • all the IDE power at my fingertips:
    • search files or in files, or in directory, or in search results - Regex, match case, file mask, group results...
    • notes structured into directories
    • code highlighting
    • running snippets or even ansible scripts to setup whole system
    • recording macroses,
    • using variety of plugins...

Thank you so much Evernote, I don't know how I lived without all this

Selection_015.png

I'm always on the computer, and having to deal with a pure white background irritates my eyes. Sometimes if I really want to write a lot of stuff, I'll just open some other writing software with a dark theme and copy/paste the text to Evernote just so I don't have to deal with that overwhelming brightness xD

Love this app, but I find a dark theme will make it perfect for me. Thanks for taking your time to read :)

How long do we have to wait for this dark theme??

Like, come on Evernote, is it that difficult?

We pay for Plus and Premium monthly, but you guys won't give us features that are not impossible to make?

So sad...

Very funny :lol:

Only the CEO answered on twitter with following words: "Working on it :-)" 

This was on October 30th. Now, more than a month after his tweet, nothing changed. Like, is it that hard to add a few lines in your software? I guess, it would take about 30-40 minutes to create a dark theme.

Don't they have developers? Or are they just so bad ;)

• Level 5*
On 12/9/2017 at 2:59 PM, Tarek12 said:

is it that difficult?

No idea.  But Evernote never (usually) say what they might be working on,  or whether or not they will schedule some work for the future.  They just delivered two new Mac and Windows versions,  squashing at least some of the ongoing bugs,  so I guess they've been pretty busy - and I do prefer that they fix the bugs in preference to making things look pretty. 

Appreciate this is a vital issue to some,  but even 74 users (the current vote) against 220M overall is not exactly a majority...  It's not a democracy,  so we just have to wait - or go see what else there is in the market...

On 10/31/2013 at 12:06 PM, Lutts said:

Evernote Wizards. Please, give us a dark theme.

My eyes are bleeding with how bright your default theme is. (both web & desktop)

No suprise, it is mostly white. A great choice for clean design, but ultimately a fail for intensive use.

Please, give us a dark theme.

Best Regards,

Your Paying Customer

Please Evernote Master!

We need to have a dark theme!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I found a partial solution for the Mac client: 

Replace content of

/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Resources/common-editor-mac/ce.css

to:

* {
    background: #000;
    color: gray;
    font-size: 20px;
}

You will get:

5a507c27612e3_ScreenShot2018-01-06at10_34_30AM.thumb.png.2b324bfaa5f6306e0eec335afcc67940.png

5 hours ago, zdanevich said:

Replace content of

to:

* {
}

You will get:

5a507c27612e3_ScreenShot2018-01-06at10_34_30AM.thumb.png.2b324bfaa5f6306e0eec335afcc67940.png

Great !  Do you know a similar hack for windows client?

Edit: I also wonder where I can find this ce.css for the windows client if they share  a common editor implementation now?

Wow the first post was in 2013! I sure hope that this request is being taken seriously. 

I would like to see more "coloring" options overall like Google Keep does. There are some notes I would like to stick out when I do a search. The coloring of the tags and notebooks definitely helped but it was not a solution for me.

Dark theme along with ability to color code notes would be really nice for me.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

Dark theme along with ability to color code notes would be really nice for me.

Evernote doesn't seem to consider dark theme a priority

I'm not able to colour my Notebooks/Tags/Titles on my Mac/IPad, but I can add emoji, like. "??Important Note"

I also apply colour backgrounds using tables in my notes

On 1/6/2018 at 2:32 AM, zdanevich said:

Replace content of

to:

* {
}

You will get:

Well, if a brave soul wants to give it a try in Windows and let us all know, it appears to be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\EvernoteIERes\css

It's been a few years now, since someone made the suggestion to implement a dark theme in Evernote for Android/iOS/WebOS.

I don't know why it's taking so long or respectively, why it isn't possible for the Devs to even make one! Is it really that hard? We're near to 2018 and Evernote - one of the famoust Note Apps - still have only the "eye-burning-white-theme-at-night". Like for real: I'm not just working on Evernote during the day, I also have ideas at night, which I want to write down on my Evernote. But it's so hard then, to keep my eyes open with this awfull white theme.

So come on: I'm an Plus User, so I'm paying you guys money! Such as many many other people!

Please have the time and think about a night mode feature in your app! It's not that hard.

On 10/30/2017 at 12:12 AM, DTLow said:

Interesting, but I'm not enthused about hacking the application.  I'd prefer the change come from the Evernote developers

According to the documentation, Tusk allows

D849E8D1-7378-4E59-9A3A-E173DCF94AC6.thumb.png.edfbe5fa030e48bb4f400c111319171c.png

Interesting... I might do a bit of googling on this and other third party clients.  If it's open source, then I could implement the features I want (like coloured highlighting, if it's not there).

+1 for a dark theme, I spend several hours (practically all my waking hours) attached to a device because of my degree and use this for mostly storing personal projects, and this is the only app/program I use that doesn't have some kind of dark theme, it'd be appreciated so it doesn't kill my eyes like it already is. 

• 2 weeks later...

My 2nd posting. My first post was a few years ago (?!). I'm a premium subscriber, but Evernote's apathy to it's paying customers is appalling. Like everyone else, year over year, I see this thread continue on. 

Evernote, if you're listening or reading this forum, note that like many other paying customers, I'm looking elsewhere. I don't think I'll renew my yearly membership with you any longer.

I'd really like this feature as well.  For now, to get a full screen, non-distracting, non-eye-straining experience, I have to use a seperate app.  Two I'd reccommend: OmmWriter & FocusWriter.

BUT, I DO have a SHORT-TERM FIX if you want to stay in Evernote:
Create a keyboard shortcut for the "Invert Colors" option on your mac (Accessibility->Display->"Invert Colors").  You do this by going to Keyboard->Shortcuts->Accessibility->Invert Colors and choosing a keycombo.

Here's an example (funny note -I couldn't screenshot what it looked like in inverse mode, so had to take a photo from my iphone.) 

IMG_1105.jpeg

Last time I checked from an iPhone I was borrowing, Evernote IOS had a dark theme.  Now that I just bought my own iPad mini, among several reasons in part to have Evernote with dark theme, I am finding it is not there anymore.  Another forum on this site suggests it had a dark theme until relatively recently, what's up with that? 

If what I am saying is actually correct, it almost seems deliberate, across the different platforms.

Anyone care to shed some light on this issue? 

4 hours ago, DTLow said:

That's funny

Does this work for you     https://www.cultofmac.com/485362/enable-hidden-ios-11-dark-mode/

Thanks, though that is what I have been doing so far already.  The problem is that most of my other apps have built in dark themes, and one of them has annotations, underlines and highlights that were entered while using its in-app dark mode (visible across Windows, Android and IOS, same app with synced data) which means they are invisible in normal mode, so the IOS in dark mode is a bit inconvenient because of this.

• 2 weeks later...

The Tusk third party client does look interesting. Though appears to be a web wrapper, so I don't think there is annotate PDF/PPTX support (these are why I pay for Evernote Premium), and having to switch between clients to do those things will defeat the purpose of "stick it all in Evernote"

I use Sunsetscreen when I really want night mode no matter what, not often because it inverts the entire screen for all programs, but it has a handy feature that improves contrast and diminishes the brightness of whites somewhat.  

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, evernomz said:

Crazy how many users they've lost to other apps because of this

I wasn't aware of that.  How many users have they lost? 

I can see there are 333 user votes for this feature request.

On 1/9/2018 at 1:31 PM, DTLow said:

I also apply colour backgrounds using tables in my notes

Interesting.  I just tried it by pasting my home page into a new note, it seems an imperfect solution, because when I select the background color, the foreground colors changes as well, including the color of links, so not great, but it is something I guess. 

After playing with it some more, I realize that about 20-30%  (depending on your device) of the screen remains white, plus the black background is more like dark grey, so I guess I will try other ideas for now, thanks for this one.

• 2 weeks later...

i thought i was the only one trying to find an answer on the dark theme issue. what kind of company leaves their customers raving for one feature and never give it to them. this is such a disappointment. :(

Please, hasten the Dark Mode! I'm a premium Evernote user and suffer too much when working in the dark (which I always do).

Your quick action on this is very appreciated.

Thank you!

• Shane D. unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

With visual problems myself and a family with Irlen syndrome we struggle to read black text on a white background. I often have to make notes at night and I've stopped using Evernote and make notes in other apps because I can only see light text against a dark background. Allowing a dark theme setting that just has negative colour settings programmed should work with the Evernote logo and branding. To not provide that does feel like it's blocking accessibility for visually impaired people. I' be so pleased if you would develop that for us a d it'd be pretty as well. 

Evernote has clearly turned all their attention to the Enterprise market.  All sorts of new collaboration capabilities, but still no dark theme.  What we need is for an employee (or, better yet, a decision maker) at a Fortune 500 company to say they need this feature to meet their employee ergonomic goals...

• 3 weeks later...

Another Premium User here casting my vote for "Dark Mode". This IS a feature worth considering alternative "note capture" apps for and judging by the years of discussion here, I believe many others would agree.

I've been following this for the past five years. I used to use Evernote, but when I saw zero development on this front, I left them. So, now it's been several years since last I checked an still unable to have a dark background?

I would be a paying customer if they allow a dark background with some nice text editing features like syntax highlighting and multi-line select. Sublime Text has set the standard for text editing and viewing. Evernote has set the standard for search. But, I can just be more organized with my notes and use a far superior note engine like sublime. I think Evernote could tap into a very large market of avid note-takers if they would only improve their interface so it's easier on the eyes and easier to edit and view text. I'll be waiting on the sidelines until then, unless another company steps up.

• Level 5*
On 5/12/2018 at 8:16 AM, zugzugg said:

far superior note engine like sublime.

I'm a fan of using external dedicated editors that provide the features I need.  Any format that can be stored in a note.

I'm not a Sublime user, but my impression is it's more a technical product for programmers.
From a business background, I use MS-Word/Apple-Pages and MS-Excel/Apple-Numbers.

I'm more interested in Evernote for data storage/retrieval.  The editor is useful for basic notes.

>>if

If Evernote had a $ for every user who said they would be a paying customer if ...., they would have funds to pay for such development.

Premium user also chiming in regarding a dark mode. As somebody who uses the "Dark Reader extension" and also has Visual Studio running Dark mode, and Sublime - at this point all modern IDE/editors really should support a dark-type theme. Forced white background on every note is really jarring. What's frustrating is that Evernote *ALREADY* supports a kind of dark mode.... but only in Presentation Mode. So the functionality is already there, it's just a matter of integrating it into the main editor.

The first post under this topic is from 2013, so it is a pretty safe bet they have no intention of listening to their customers on this issue, aside from the fact they appear to have removed it from iOS which apparently had it before.

Currently I am looking into buying either an e-ink Android device or getting an e-ink monitor for my Windows computer, all just to be confortable using Evernote for long periods of time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 4:08 AM, netro said:

Evernote team please look at a Google chrome extension called dark reader for inspiration.  On top of inverting the colors on the page the whiteness can be softened further with sepia adjustments.  Thanks and please add the night mode. Pretty please with sugar and spice. ☺

This sounds brilliant. I just bought a theme for my j3 luna that alters my keyboard in a similar way (it makes my keys sepia and background of the board dark Brown already much easier on the eyes). I would very much appreciate a nightmode in evernote to compliment this it would make a massive improvement on my migraines.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

ATTN: @Evernote:@Chantal Leonard, @Johnathan Hebert, @Jason Miller ) :

Please ensure that when you update EN Mac to be compatible with macOS Mojave, that you support the great new Dark Mode.

This is truly a great advance of the Mac UI, making it much easier on the eyes to view the Mac screen, not just during the night, but at all hours.  A dark screen is much less harmful.

Dark Mode is a dramatic new look that helps you focus on your work. The subtle colors and fine points of your content take center screen as toolbars and menus recede into the background. Switch it on in System Preferences to create a beautiful, distraction-free working environment that’s easy on the eyes — in every way. Dark Mode works with built-in apps that come with your Mac, and third-party apps can adopt it, too.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Bye said:

Anyone knows a better alternative app that has a dark theme ? I’m uninstalling evernote

Makes sense It's pretty obvious the focus is not the customers.
But to be fair i think its a trend among software companies in general

Agreed, many companies are just pumping out code and not paying attention to what their customer base wants or needs or is even just requesting an option for.

In light of this, our monetary support is what makes the largest impact on any company selling a product. And, sharing between ourselves info regarding companies that do seem to be interested in what end-users want & need.. and definitely I want to know of any who have offerings that fit our particular avenue of interest.!

On 5/12/2018 at 10:21 AM, DTLow said:

>>if

If Evernote had a $ for every user who said they would be a paying customer if ...., they would have funds to pay for such development.

Well, I gave them some $ but, declined to continue when it became glaringly obvious they were anything but tuned-in to what features & options so many in addition to myself were repeatedly asking for.. I'm still open to resuming my financial relationship with Evernote should they ever change their stance ..but, it has been more than a couple of years now too.

On 6/12/2018 at 12:52 AM, jmason86 said:

macOS Mojave is now including a system wide dark mode. Hopefully this prompts Evernote to conform and provide an optional dark mode for all platforms (but at least for macOS at first). 

Windows 10 had long been adding dark mode to their apps, and so do many iOS apps, that's definitely the trend. EN just didn't give a damn about it, seems they are busy promoting their Business product. I won't expect too much from EN, given how old this thread is. EN could be a industry pioneer in giving user the best user experience, but they had just given up the chance.

A dark mode is sorely needed for Evernote. For any app that you have to spend a lot of time in, you should be offered a dark mode. Personally I'm affected by bright light, causes me ocular migraines.

In order to use Evernote in dark mode, I'm restricted to using the web version of Evernote only, using the "dark reader" browser extension (chrome and firefox can get it). Looks great and is very functional BTW, I just wish I could get something like it for the desktop app as web's obviously useless when there's no Internet.

2018-06-21 13_23_15-when outlook is blurry _ Evernote Web.png

10 hours ago, baker_tony said:

A dark mode is sorely needed for Evernote. For any app that you have to spend a lot of time in, you should be offered a dark mode. Personally I'm affected by bright light, causes me ocular migraines.

In order to use Evernote in dark mode, I'm restricted to using the web version of Evernote only, using the "dark reader" browser extension (chrome and firefox can get it). Looks great and is very functional BTW, I just wish I could get something like it for the desktop app as web's obviously useless when there's no Internet.

2018-06-21 13_23_15-when outlook is blurry _ Evernote Web.png

I do like how this looks definitely.

Come on Evernote! Give us the dark theme!!!!! :) 

12 hours ago, baker_tony said:

In order to use Evernote in dark mode, I'm restricted to using the web version of Evernote only, using the "dark reader" browser extension (chrome and firefox can get it). 

Nice!  While I find Evernote Web lacking, I could get used to the way this looks, among the night mode extensions I have tried, dark reader seems the best so far.

On 1/5/2016 at 9:29 AM, Pandya said:

Androids are known to lose power in the battery quite fast...

On devices using OLED displays (or a variant thereof), right?,

I do vote for that, but I also want the coloured headers from Evernote Android app v4.x, as I hate the boring white interface of 5.x (hence me not upgrading to Android 8.x, and also why I don't use iOS), so I backed up the v4.x APK from my tablet, installed that on my phone for the time being, and disabled Play Store auto-updates on my tablet and phone.

So, if the developers listen, there could be 3 options in the app settings under "Theme" (not actual names of each option):

• Boring white interface (a la iOS) (default)
  • Classic colourful interface (a la Evernote Android app v4.x)
  • Dark mode

The reason why I prefer the colourful interface, is because it allowed me to tell the difference between all notes, notebooks, and actual notes. (Tweet for context)

For an additional use case: 

I am a writer - fiction / non-fiction / blog.

I use Evernote PREMIUM on Mac desktop, Firefox browser, iPad, & iPhone. 

I want to maximize my Evernote usage by creating folders of drafts and notes to aid in composing my novels (in addition to multiple research clippings). 

HOWEVER, I cannot use a program with a white background for any sustained period of time (migraine triggers).  Evernote's current default WHITE screen prevents me from being able to use this program as I would like.

MY FUNCTIONALITY REQUEST:

0- Create a 'composition mode' default setting which includes the following:
1- Choose a default 'composition mode' background color from the color picker.
2- Choose a default 'composition mode' text color from the color picker.
3- Designate a 'composition mode' font choice that does not affect fonts of clipped articles or documents.
4- Designate a 'composition mode' font size (that is different from default print size) for view and compose actions.
4b- And/OR designate a screen view that allows a percentage magnification of active notes.

EXTRA:
** - Have a choice of skins for the app as a whole - particularly when using non-web desktop version.  Example programs are Scrivener; Gmail. I'm sure there are others.

Thank you for your consideration.

Additional comment:

Evernote is currently highly focused on their business collaboration functionality.  Those users work in a number of different environments and customization of composition mode would help them be more productive.  In addition, that user group would be a great population for beta testing this functionality for a quick implementation cycle.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease give us a dark theme, or at least the option to invert it so we can have a basic black theme! It can't be that hard; I'd need 17 calculators to count the number of applications that have a theme framework built into them.

On 6/10/2018 at 6:20 AM, JMichaelTX said:

ATTN: @Evernote:@Chantal Leonard, @Johnathan Hebert, @Jason Miller ) :

Please ensure that when you update EN Mac to be compatible with macOS Mojave, that you support the great new Dark Mode.

This is truly a great advance of the Mac UI, making it much easier on the eyes to view the Mac screen, not just during the night, but at all hours.  A dark screen is much less harmful.

Thanks.

Yes, EN is my daily does app, and the dark mode is highlighted in mac Mojave preview and found this trick how do activate dark mode on my Mac

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Mark Miller said:

The fall release of macOS Mojave is several months away. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the reply.  I'm aware of the Mojave schedule.  I just wanted to get it on your request list early.  ?

I use note/journal apps that give me a dark mode or theme to reduce eye strain. This use has been increasing as more apps offer this for Android smartphones.

I consider such programmers as humanitarian by their offering such eye relief as a basic feature. There is research showing visual impairment from smartphone use and suggested help to include using dark screen modes.

It is also helpful for middle of the night wake-up note writing.

I refer Evernote less for lack of this feature. (PM if curious what I now recommend.)

My eyes need an Evernote with a dark (or night) mode.

Evernote will eventually offer this for Android, I just hope it is sooner than later.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm also very excited to have that supported in the EN.

As macOS Mojave is in public beta right now I just updated and the new Dark Mode looks awasome. It would be very nice if also the third party apps will support the new mode.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

The windows client passes my functionality test like:
Image editing functionality
Ctrl V Paste for snipping tool images - A MUST Have

So today.. I paid for 1 year of Premium, Thank you!

10 mins later:
It's disappointing to not be able edit the UI, via, say, settings. I have to spend 15 mins to work out how to hack it...

+1000 for a dark UI. MY EYES ARE IMPORTANT.
Use visual studio code as an ideal UI/UX example.

5 years after...

Please... this bright theme is a nightmare... It hurt our eyes. But this is also a huge battery killers and a warm generator on our screen...  This is really unconfortable by the hot seasons... Writing on evernote in a closed 35 degres room is like being in front of an oven.

There is an open source solution that uses the web interface, but it is a software: Tusk

How I found it: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/tusk-is-a-free-evernote-client-for-windows

Official website : https://klauscfhq.github.io/tusk/

Download : https://github.com/klauscfhq/tusk/releases/tag/v0.11.0

You have to like the web interface, personally I prefer the Evernote's desktop client interface, but at least there are dark themes.

A precision, during the installation under Windows, there is no shortcut creation. Tusk is installed in C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\tusk\ 

So you need to create a shortcut to the.exe file on the desktop or pin it to the taskbar.

Tusk.png

Huge step backword with all white IOS version of Evernote.  Dark theme lost!  All white may look good in design meeting but on a day to day basic it is a huge eye strain. 

Even Microsoft has a dark theme for Office now.  Get with it Evernote.

Have users been asking for a dark theme for 5 years?!? And no one at Evernote has taken the time to remedy this relatively easy to fix request?

Wow, that's complacency!

Are they going about their own goals, not caring about their paying users?

• Level 5

Hi All,

You may have noticed that all threads requesting Dark Mode have been merged into this thread, regardless of platform specificity. 

This was done in order to better enable us to quantify and qualify user requests, and amplify their voice.

While this does not mean this is a feature that will be coming, we certainly want to relay user feedback/sentiment to our various teams.

Moving forward, please put all commentary and votes for Dark Mode here!

17 minutes ago, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

You may have noticed that all threads requesting Dark Mode have been merged into this thread, regardless of platform specificity. 

This was done in order to better enable us to quantify and qualify user requests, and amplify their voice.

While this does not mean this is a feature that will be coming, we certainly want to relay user feedback/sentiment to our various teams.

Moving forward, please put all commentary and votes for Dark Mode here!

Thanks Shane.

There's something to report. At the beginning of this topic, there were no votes. However, since 2013, many have given up (for this reason or other) and have never voted. 

Is there a way to set a default of dark background and light text for all new notes?

Is there a quick way of resetting all the current notes in all folders to have a dark background and light text?

Everyone, please remember to click the up-arrow at the top of this "dark theme" thread/request to up-vote it if you haven't already.

The reality is --- i've found ways around the lack of dark theme -- first of all, I use multiple rigs and often four or more monitors in my setup. I will regularly dedicate one monitor to evernote and use it on the lowest brightness / contrast settings so that i can follow my notes and continue my work. The other way I find away around this absurd program is through simply changing the opacity of the program itself -- for instance by using Display Fusion, I take the opacity setting of the window and I set it to say 40% and it would appear like so:

firefox_2018-08-28_16-20-34.png

6 hours ago, andredoumad said:

I take the opacity setting of the window and I set it to say 40% and it would appear like so:

Thanks for sharing.  I downloaded it to try.  I am not sure this is much different than a screen dimmer, beside the multi monitor functionality and the transparency feature. 

From the picture I assumed the result would be more readable, but it kinda looks about the same as a program like CareuEyes or Sunsetscreen, at least on my computer. Got 30 days to try it out though, we'll see.

On 10/25/2017 at 11:55 AM, David_C. said:

I don't totally agree. I want this dark theme too, but it's not just a dark/black background for notes. I would be curious to know the percentage of people who only use Evernote to clip web pages. However, I think that's where the difficulty lies, not just for notes. If you look at the competition (OneNote) there is no dark theme either. If you register a web page, you can then change the page color AFTER (with more options for the UWP App than for the desktop version), but by default the page is white.

In my opinion, it's too complex, too many parameters and they don't want to get bored with it.

Well, I wanted an easier solution to have something Not glaring in my face and someone else mentioned "Notion Workspace" and OMG, it works in the browser, android, ios and I've got it installed on my Windows desktop now too.. And, it's got easy Dark Mode choice as well as themes .. I'm so happy right now.! > https://www.notion.so/  Have a look and see what you think. It's not from them here but, after literally years of waiting.. I'm using something else now.

22 minutes ago, zdanevich said:

image.thumb.png.f0a4f020e0f9747ef16960e3a783f407.png

Moving forward! Clipper currently has the dark theme, thank you Evernote!

And ? 

It doesn't darken the pages, it's the clipper that is dark or not, probably a joke from EN.

Archived