Dark Theme/Dark Mode

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hooray!!  Evernote has taken a step in the right direction. The latest version has a choice of dark side panel or not dark. And it's wonderful!  I have been using a previous suggestion to run a batch file (using Swiss File Knife) to change the color of the notes. However that stopped working for me with one of the later revisions to Evernote. Instead, I got a hex editor and made the changes to the hex file as suggested in the comments with the .bat file. That works really slick!  Attached is a sample of what my Evernote interface looks like.  The top panel (list of notes) has a light gray background by virtue of picking up my windows application background color.

I am one happy camper!!  Evernote (if you are reading this):  THANK YOU!

I am a complete newbie at using a Hex Editor but I would be willing to make a screencast of how to make the changes if someone needs it. I'm sure there are others more skilled who could do a better job of it.

Helix Fairweather

dark-sidebar.png

my-evernote-today.png

On 31/10/2013 at 9:06 AM, Lutts said:

Evernote Wizards. Please, give us a dark theme.

My eyes are bleeding with how bright your default theme is. (both web & desktop)

No suprise, it is mostly white. A great choice for clean design, but ultimately a fail for intensive use.

Please, give us a dark theme.

Best Regards,

Your Paying Customer

Please give us the dark theme... At least to us paying customers... 

On 10/21/2016 at 3:40 PM, helix137 said:

Hooray!!  Evernote has taken a step in the right direction. The latest version has a choice of dark side panel or not dark. And it's wonderful!  I have been using a previous suggestion to run a batch file (using Swiss File Knife) to change the color of the notes. However that stopped working for me with one of the later revisions to Evernote. Instead, I got a hex editor and made the changes to the hex file as suggested in the comments with the .bat file. That works really slick!  Attached is a sample of what my Evernote interface looks like.  The top panel (list of notes) has a light gray background by virtue of picking up my windows application background color.

I am a complete newbie at using a Hex Editor but I would be willing to make a screencast of how to make the changes if someone needs it. I'm sure there are others more skilled who could do a better job of it.

Helix Fairweather

dark-sidebar.png

my-evernote-today.png

A step by step guide on how you did this would be awesome!!

Ok, here goes. Bear in mind this was my first ever use of a hex editor to make changes in a .exe file.  I tried several free hex editors out there. One of them could not do Find/Replace All in the free version. I then bought the regular version and couldn't save the file after the Find/Replace All even though previously I had made single Find/Replaces and could save the file. I then tried another one which did work. 

A hex editor looks something like that attached image.  The hex code in the big window and the text code in the smaller window.

Step 1: Make a back of your evernote.exe file.

Step 2: Open your evernote.exe file in the hex editor.

Step 3. Place your cursor at the first character.

Step 4: Open your Find/Replace window.

Step 5:  Choose to search for a text string and replace with a text string.

Find/Replace All

FIND                               REPLACE

background-color:#fff     background-color:#ddd
background-color:#eef1f2  background-color:#b2b1b3

The Find/Replace information comes from the comments in the .bat file posted way back in this thread as the solution to creating your own dimmer color scheme. I'm sorry I don't have the name of the poster for a proper attribution.  You can, of course, substitute in your own colors in the Replace part of this.

Three parts of the Evernote interface are now changed in acceptable colors (for me):

1. Dark theme choice for the side panel.

2. Changes to the .exe file as above to change the note.

3. My changes to the Win 10 registry file to have application window background colors as I want them - this accounts for the gray background in my list of notes.

Two things to be aware of:

1. Changing the colors in the .exe file may mean you will first have to change the file properties to allow you as a user to write to the file. I'm on Win 10. I don't know what happens with a Mac.

2. Changing the colors in the .exe file means you will have to do that each time you upgrade your Evernote version.

I hope that helps. Others with more experience may be able to fill in anything I have missed or misunderstood.

Helix Fairweather

hex-editor.png

On 21/10/2016 at 9:40 PM, helix137 said:

Hooray!!  Evernote has taken a step in the right direction. The latest version has a choice of dark side panel or not dark. And it's wonderful!  [...]

What are you talking about? The side panel is just that very narrow bar on the left (see the screenshot). It's always been dark gray as far as I recall - that's why this setting is default. 

evernote.jpg

I can't see how this could have an impact on user experience large enough to make you so enthusiastic. What am I missing?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, V-2 said:

The side panel is just that very narrow bar on the left (see the screenshot).

Not just a narrow bar. View / Note Panel (or F10).

2 hours ago, V-2 said:

It's always been dark gray as far as I recall - that's why this setting is default. 

The expanded side panel has had a white background up to this point. Not sure about the un-expanded version, which I never used.

2 hours ago, V-2 said:

I can't see how this could have an impact on user experience large enough to make you so enthusiastic. What am I missing?

Some people really want dark-themed UIs?

1 hour ago, jefito said:

Not just a narrow bar. View / Note Panel (or F10).

The expanded side panel has had a white background up to this point. Not sure about the un-expanded version, which I never used.

Ah, ok. Right. Still, it's just a hierarchy preview, not any of the parts where most of the work is being done

1 hour ago, jefito said:

Some people really want dark-themed UIs?

So do I (I posted in this thread several times already). This change, however, does very little towards that goal, that's why I don't get all these "I'm happy", "hooray", "THANK YOU!" etc.

Happy, hooray, etc is because they have taken a step. Albeit a baby step, but it's a step in the direction of listening to us. With the addition of the dark theme for the side panel, that is added to the other hacks I use, I have a fully NON-bright-white interface. How could I not be happy about that? :)

Helix Fairweather

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, V-2 said:

Ah, ok. Right. Still, it's just a hierarchy preview, not any of the parts where most of the work is being done

I think that a lot of people would disagree with characterizing this as "just a hierarchy preview". At a guess, many folks use this as a primary way to navigate to their notes, either by notebook, or tags, or saved searches. Not everyone likes to type in search filters, when they can easily use mouse clicks to get to the same place...

The dark sidebar is so refreshing. After a handful of years of use, I'm just wondering why it's taken so long to implement this feature. I'd rather not hack the .exe to change colors! I'm confused as to why such a successful organization is falling behind so quickly. It's a very minor thing to change the color scheme of this program. I use Evernote daily and I'm disappointed in its inability to adjust the visual presentation. Another disappointment in this program is that it does not link to google calendar natively. This is so weird because it also doesn't have its own calendar. I'd like to use Evernote to not only maintain a repository of past events but I'd also like to plan future events with it more effectively!

EVERNOTE is so close to the solution I'm looking for! I hope you guys take this more seriously in 2017, good luck.

I would also like at the very least some kind of Dark Theme for the Windows app like the iPhone app. This is something that I think has been missing from Evernote. Something like the Microsoft Word Dark grey theme. Actually more themes  would be preferable blue, green, grey, black and let us customize the sidebar and viewing notes to be different colors and the reading area to be white or whatever we like would be awesome! I just downloaded the latest version for Windows and I like the dark side pane. But it's almost too dark I think. More options more colors would be great! Use evernote a lot and would like to customize it to my liking. 

-- long time Premium User 

• 2 weeks later...

Voted, but commenting too. It's a GREAT first step to be able to change the sidebar, but...a little ridiculous to be able to only change the section one theoretically looks at the least, no? 

Please do expand the color option to notes. It also doesn't make any sense to be able to change the note's font color to white if you can't make the background black.

Thank you.

I have a fully NON-bright-white interface. How could I not be happy about that? :)

I'm super jealous, since I followed your instructions to a T on Windows 8.1 and was not able to get this to work. Welp, guess my eyes will just have to bleed and strain at night until they extend the color functionality... :(

Regardless, thanks for posting your advice!

I love Evernote. I'm a premium customer. Amazed, bewildered and dumbfounded that a dark theme is not yet available. 

I tried Alternote -- watered down functionality is not a good replacement.

I tried Bear -- not horrible but lacks functionality. Tagging system is interesting but would like to see notebook functionality. If they add this in a subsequent release, I would consider Bear. But, it's not quite there yet.

Quiver -- haven't tried tried but will very soon. It does have notebook functionality and, from the screen shots, looks very similar to Evernote. It's not free, but neither is Evernote (for me). 

This is an app called Bear, is a pretty simple note app, but it has one feature that I love, it can choose a different theme. Which allows me to write on black paper. I think black background is very useful for people like me with astigmatism, it doesn't hurt my eye that much as a white growing background. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 22.52.22.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Themes please. Every few years I come back to Evernote because I forget why I didn't stick with it. 

I've bought a month sub to try it out properly but really disappointed that there's no dark theme, no theming at all. 

And it beggars belief that notebooks all look the same (can't have custom covers). 

I wish I could understand why Evernote does not seem to even care about the desires of it's customer base.

It's gotten to where I rarely even comment here anymore and, have removed the software but, for some odd reason have not given up hope that they might actually begin to listen to what's said in this thread. When even Windows lets you select a dark theme for the OS to a great degree now, they've got to see that this is not quite as frivolous a request as they apparently treat it as.

C'mon Evernote .. there's still a chance to have a larger active base of user/customers IF you begin to take note of the validity of this one request and supply what's being overwhelmingly desired.

At any rate, (because I'm not holding my breath) -- Best wishes for Everyone's Weekend.!

Chow, ~Myr

.end.trans.

I really liked Dark Mode.  I use so many apps on my iphone, that having this dark mode was a great way to give me a visual reassurance of where I was in my phone.  Please bring it back!  Evernote has slowly become the center of my life, as far as note keeping, and it's a big deal for me to feel it's something visually quickly recognizable and different to everything else on my phone.

19 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

OMG 4 years already. What's wrong with you devs?  It's a very common feature to this kind of apps.People not only create notes they read them as well ;) At night and in the evening it's so inconvenient. 

Seems to me that they really could give a flip what we think, need or want from their product.

It's kinda surreal that a for-profit company like this would completely ignore their user base.  But, apparently they're only interested in customers who like it as-is, kind of like buying something in that "As-Is" state .. except that they want a premium price for their As-Is. *shaking head -- It's amazing to me how they've never even commented in this thread, much less given even the slightest indication they've made this forum for any reason other than to have their users solve each other's issues instead of having to deal with it themselves unless you wanna get out your wheelbarrow full of dough. ...just completely bizarre.!

On 7/30/2015 at 11:46 AM, nanphan said:

Thank you for the feature request.  - Nancy 

I was wrong.. back in 2015 we were thanked for the feature request from 2013.  Now it's 2017 .. so, you're welcome for the "feature request" .. Why hasn't it been taken seriously in 4 years.?

1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

OMG 4 years already. What's wrong with you devs?  

While I know that's not the main point here, as a software developer myself I need to point out that devs aren't to be blamed in such cases. Programmers don't decide which features to implement next, it's up to their managers / business people.

2 minutes ago, V-2 said:

While I know that's not the main point here, as a software developer myself I need to point out that devs aren't to be blamed in such cases. Programmers don't decide which features to implement next, it's up to their managers / business people.

You're absolutely right.. the programmers/devs don't get to make these decisions.  It's the $uits that decide these things and they obviously think they're making out ju$t fine without having to deal with this little cranky group who've been wanting a dark theme ...and we just keep whining about it (to their minds).  I've taken my Dollar$ and they're going elsewhere now.  That's the only thing that sinks in on some people, the bottom line.  V-2, you're absolutely right and it's not the Developers at fault here.  Point well taken. ;-)

On 28/01/2017 at 5:16 AM, Myrddin R Emrys said:

You're absolutely right.. the programmers/devs don't get to make these decisions.  It's the $uits that decide these things and they obviously think they're making out ju$t fine without having to deal with this little cranky group who've been wanting a dark theme 

Or stacked notebooks. Or password protected notebooks. Or markdown. 

Hey, I got a brilliant improvement idea! Close off the feature request part of the discussions! 

Remember when a group of software devs motioned Symbian rewrite at Nokia that has been turned down. $uits thought they were doing just fine there too. Took 3 years and Apple came along.

On 10/31/2013 at 6:16 AM, TechBarber said:

Whenever there is an option to go "dark", I turn it off. Reader apps, stock apps etc...doesn't matter. 

Black backgrounds make my eyes go wonky  :wacko:

Not trying to start a flame war - just wondering what the perceived advantages of going dark are? 

I mean, paper is white. Can you imagine if the world used black paper with white pen? Ewe

It's fine if you like it the way it is but, it's not a huge thing for those of us who have to deal with the Light emitted from screens that bother us.. it's not like white paper which just reflects the light that hits it, screens create it.. huge difference there.  You don't have eye sensitivities so, you apparently, can't understand those of us who do have issues with it. For now, why don't you just take our word for it that it is an issue for a lot of us.  And, please realize, we do not want them to remove the theme the way you like it, we just want an additional choice that would make it usable for us as well.  ok.?

55 minutes ago, Myrddin R Emrys said:

It's fine if you like it the way it is but, it's not a huge thing for those of us who have to deal with the Light emitted from screens that bother us.. it's not like white paper which just reflects the light that hits it, screens create it.. huge difference there.  You don't have eye sensitivities so, you apparently, can't understand those of us who do have issues with it. For now, why don't you just take our word for it that it is an issue for a lot of us.  And, please realize, we do not want them to remove the theme the way you like it, we just want an additional choice that would make it usable for us as well.  ok.?

Exactly. Nobody is trying to force Evernote into a dark theme only. Everyone here just wants the option to go into a "night mode" dark theme. Personally, light themes give me a headache after a while. Microsoft actually added a dark mode for Windows 10 because there really ARE a lot of people who prefer a dark background and light text. Also, there are hundreds of dark code editor themes for developers because most prefer a dark background because they stare at a screen all day long. Here's some data to back that statement up.. https://stackoverflow.com/research/developer-survey-2015

Both Evernote and Onenote users are urging for the dark theme BUT years after years they just don't work on it. BOTH of them aren't moving forward as if they aren't competing with each other. In fact, both of them pretty much similar in nature and a dark theme really make a great difference. To be frank, I would just choose the one with dark theme. If I'm using the MAC I would have gone for Alternote due to its wonderful dark theme.

Well Evernote managed to turn the sidebar in black but that's just useless. We read the NOTES longer than the SIDEBAR so this little change is just a little bit better than nothing at all. And I wanna tease them for turning the left panel black but left out the upper toolbar in white. That look sucks.

A FULL DARK THEME PLEASE!

23 minutes ago, Connie Mountain said:

Both Evernote and Onenote users are urging for the dark theme BUT years after years they just don't work on it. BOTH of them aren't moving forward as if they aren't competing with each other. In fact, both of them pretty much similar in nature and a dark theme really make a great difference. To be frank, I would just choose the one with dark theme. If I'm using the MAC I would have gone for Alternote due to its wonderful dark theme.

Well Evernote managed to turn the sidebar in black but that's just useless. We read the NOTES longer than the SIDEBAR so this little change is just a little bit better than nothing at all. And I wanna tease them for turning the left panel black but left out the upper toolbar in white. That look sucks.

A FULL DARK THEME PLEASE!

AGREED ... I actually believe that the appearance of a dark sidebar is either Completely Unrelated to all of our ongoing and long-time requests OR, and think about this, it could just be them throwing an Insult at us ~~ As in, This is all we feel like doing and we actually have a hard time caring less what you want.

It's just insulting.  And, I've made it clear that I won't monetarily support this type of customer disdain.  If they don't care what this (what you must see us as) insignificant, bunch of us have asked politely for them to do all these years, well, Evernote, you've already stung us well, let's hope you're not allergic to it when it goes full-circle and bites ya back.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Connie Mountain said:

Well Evernote managed to turn the sidebar in black

I enabled dark theme for the sidebar when it was first available and never looked back. I love it.

Can't be too difficult to add options to extend this to note list or note content.

I'm an academic and longtime evernote premium subscriber.  

I spend a large portion of every working day writing and editing text.  Even though my cross-platform, informational life is largely organised around Evernote, all my textual work is done in other programs for the single reason that the default theme produces high levels of eyestrain.  

This isn't trivial.  Being able to work in a dark theme can add an hour or so of writing time to my day.   

So, another +1. 

1 minute ago, Sasha888 said:

The problem is that people who decides this(devs, managers, whoever) seem don't give a *****. They won't post here anything.They just don't care,even when premium users make posts.

Oh, I know.  You have to wonder why they even have this forum here at all when you see just how truly diligent they are at keeping in touch with their user-base and being responsive to our concerns.   I suppose they think if we can dump our frustrations here that'll be enough to keep us paying them for their "premium" services.  I guess that's why I often repeat that it's best to hit 'em in their wallets --since they couldn't care less what we do here in their support forums. *shrug

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Myrddin R Emrys said:

You have to wonder why they even have this forum here at all when you see just how truly diligent they are at keeping in touch with their user-base and being responsive to our concerns.

imho  Evernote does post announcements in these forums, but it's mostly user discussions.  The forums allow users to post feature requests, and help each other

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

imho  Evernote does post announcements in these forums, but it's mostly user discussions.  The forums allow users to post feature requests, and help each other

DTLow, You're right.  I sometimes forget that they actually pay attention and even comment.. I tend to get my blinders on when it comes to this particular issue since its one they avoid like the plague, especially compared to others they do take part and assist in elsewhere.

11 hours ago, Youngmin Cho said:

Won't be Buying next year. If you offer a dark theme.

Even if you don't lose the theming you like, you will stop paying if they offer us an option to pick a dark theme?

That seems a bit exclusionary.  We've never said or implied you should lose the theme you like.

33 minutes ago, RobertJSawyer said:

Myrddin, please be forgiving of those whose English isn't perfect.  Our friend Youngmin Cho surely meant UNLESS you offer a dark theme, not IF.

Ah, well, of course.  My first reaction is from having seen posts in the past that somehow thought we wanted to totally remove the normal theme -- and, yes, that clouded my judgement from realizing that it could easily be a language barrier thing and not really what he'd meant.  In trying to make myself adjust to the plethora of people posting things online who don't appear to know the difference between then & than or their & there .. And, not being fully caffeinated yet -- I overreacted.  Yikes.!

Please forgive me Youngmin Cho, if I jumped to the wrong conclusion about what you actually meant.

5 minutes ago, Blork said:

...or maybe Younmin Cho doesn't realize the dark theme would be an OPTION, not an imposed replacement for the current theme. 

That could be but, I'm more inclined to think it may have been a translation error or, simple mistake from not having English as your first language.. Either way, to anyone reading this, .. We do not want to eliminate the Theming of Evernote, we just want an additional Dark Theme so that we can take full advantage of the software as much as you're able to without needing a dark theme. :-)

15 minutes ago, Threefold57 said:

Will not be paying next year if a dark theme is not available

Good, maybe if enough of us stop funding their silence .. they'll begin listening.  I can't remember if I had to go in and remove my payment method here or not but, if they have it saved.. they might charge you so, be careful about leaving working payment information in your account.

More & more, I'm convinced that the Money is the Only thing that will get their attention. And, that's such a shame, really.

26 minutes ago, Ömer Çulha said:

Is there any recent progress on the subject? addition  etc...

I would like to say that there has been but, so far, nothing.  In a recent update, there was the addition/option of a dark sidebar but, nothing of actual note regarding a dark theme.

I'm firmly convinced that they will not care about this concern until it actually has an impact on their bottom line.  Historically, there have been other companies though, that ended up going bust because they never took their customer's requests into consideration.  It's been years now with not a single reply from Evernote in this thread.

+1 Please add a dark theme option, please. Will purchase if that happens. 

+1 Сколько можно народ гонять по пустыне, одумайтесь, добавьте темную тему и будем вам обожание народа!

Evernote team please look at a Google chrome extension called dark reader for inspiration.  On top of inverting the colors on the page the whiteness can be softened further with sepia adjustments.  Thanks and please add the night mode. Pretty please with sugar and spice. ☺

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, netro said:

Evernote team please look at a Google chrome extension called dark reader for inspiration.  On top of inverting the colors on the page the whiteness can be softened further with sepia adjustments.  Thanks and please add the night mode. Pretty please with sugar and spice. ☺

You silver-tongued devil you - with 43 votes so far,  I'd hope some Evernote someone,  somewhere,  is working on this as we post...

6 hours ago, netro said:

Pretty Pleezzzzeee... You know, our Birthday is coming up too, right.?  You didn't forget did you?   ;-)

On 3/8/2017 at 10:31 AM, catbehe said:

+1 Please add a dark theme option, please. Will purchase if that happens. 

+1 Сколько можно народ гонять по пустыне, одумайтесь, добавьте темную тему и будем вам обожание народа!

And, as I reminded them in their Android Dark Theme forum request...... Evernote, You know our Birthday is coming along soon.  You didn't forget did you?

We Really Really Really want a Dark Theme for our Birthday... Hint HINT   H I N T .!.!.!.  ;-)

1 hour ago, Myrddin R Emrys said:

Evernote, You know our Birthday is coming along soon.  You didn't forget did you?

We Really Really Really want a Dark Theme for our Birthday... Hint HINT   H I N T .!.!.!.  ;-)

Tomorrow, mine will be in two weeks. I pray twelve times a day for them to remember that.

+1
I rarely use Evernote desktop because it lacks a dark theme. I use Evernote in Firefox + Stylish with a dark theme from Userstyles.org, but miss some features which are only available int the deskttop version.

On 31/10/2013 at 0:16 PM, TechBarber said:

Whenever there is an option to go "dark", I turn it off. Reader apps, stock apps etc...doesn't matter. 

Black backgrounds make my eyes go wonky  :wacko:

Not trying to start a flame war - just wondering what the perceived advantages of going dark are? 

I mean, paper is white. Can you imagine if the world used black paper with white pen? Ewe

50% of people would agree with you, but more importantly (for this feature request) 50% wouldn't.
https://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/53264/dark-or-white-color-theme-is-better-for-the-eyes#53268

IMHO, comparing on-screen white with black paper and a white pen doesn't make any sense.
https://cs.nyu.edu/courses/fall02/V22.0380-001/color_theory.htm

Apart for not having a dark theme, the Windows application is not honoring the Windows Control Panel background color setting (defaults to white, you can change it to gray and keep text black and it's less eye straining, at least for me)

Even Notepad shows a gray background after changing the setting in Control Panel, but Evernote seems to have it hardcoded to pure white

+1 for dark theme. 

If you want people stick to your app, give them a dark theme. So that they won't be disturbed by eye stress when they are using your app excessively. I use Evernote everyday, i pay for it, i put all my work note into it, but I still keep a paper notebook for brainstorming and journal, just because I can't stare at the white screen for too long.

People age and get old and their eyes will become more sensitive to background light of screens. I can stare at screens all day long in my early 30's but now i am in late 30's, I just can't stare at bright screens at home for too long after 8 hrs of coding on screen at work. 

Dark theme is more than a aesthetic preference, it is a function, if Evernote wants to be part of people's lives, make it accessible to people. 

This request has been asked for for years now... but still ignored

Another thing that was done without considering the users was to remove the presentation mode. Along with making presentations when my eyes would tire I would switch to presentation mode which had a black background to review what I had written.  But it also was removed. It was one of the reasons I started paying for it. I even asked if there was a way to revert back to the earlier version and was told I could not.  

Looking at the many requests in this forum they would do something to respond to them.  It appears that what the customer wants doesn't move them. It is an excellent program, but when my subscription ends I will not be renewing it.

I have 3 accounts, I pay for two of them and have had horrible issues with my eyes and fatigue lately. I could really use some help with a dark option. For now I have to use word then copy paste into evernote once I'm done. Please help. I would like to believe you care about what your customers want.

Another fellow developer. This is single handedly one of the easier features to implement, and would be what got me to be premium. The lack of support for this is absurd especially after reading this post. People write notes late at night. Get your teams ***** together and change a offer a second style, or lose to Google Docs.

• 2 weeks later...

Years after years I somehow lose hope.

Alright not hoping for a PC black theme anymore, but please please, at least turn the pure white background color into LIGHT GREY.

That's a lot easier isn't it? The text color remain unchanged, just change the background color into light grey! Less eye-hurting!

They really ought to just make it where the individual can either use a preset palette or, make a custom and possibly even put it in the forum to share.  Either way though, I certainly sympathize with ya Connie Mountain.  Unfortunately, as you've noticed already, they don't appear to mind losing business.

I'm reposting this for those newer people who may not have seen it. While we can all jump on the bandwagon about EN not doing anything to serve the population of folks who cannot tolerate a bright white screen to work on, there are things we can do ourselves. Right now (4/11/2017), I am fully satisfied with how I have been able to make my EN look on a PC laptop.  Here is the repost:

Helix Fairweather

dark-sidebar.png

my-evernote-today.png

Mr One likes this
  •  

In fact I just discover a very quick & easy method, once and for all, take less time than doing time-consuming add-on updates every time after new evernote version.

Just find out OneNote latest beta version has DARK theme!

From Black to Grey, from Bloody Red to Bright Yellow, any wonderful or crazy colors you like! And not to mention new functions and stunning layouts.

I'm sure that does not exist the years before because I once tried to switch to OneNote but disappointed by the fact that it did not have dark theme as well. Time flies. Years after, the not-so-good OneNote now runs ahead of Evernote with great improvement.

Great. Time to switch. Just 5 minutes to import all my 500+ lecture notes into OneNote.

Time to say goodbye to this thread.

onenote.jpg

1 hour ago, Connie Mountain said:

In fact I just discover a very quick & easy method, once and for all, take less time than doing time-consuming add-on updates every time after new evernote version.

From Black to Grey, from Bloody Red to Bright Yellow, any wonderful or crazy colors you like! And not to mention new functions and layouts.

I'm sure that does not exist the years before because I once tried to switch to OneNote but disappointed by the fact that it did not have dark theme as well. Time flies. Years after, OneNote runs ahead of Evernote with great improvement.

Great. Time to switch. Time to say goodbye to this thread.

onenote.jpg

I am an Office Insider and I do not have that. Moreover, it is not the interface of OneNote.

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, Connie Mountain said:

From Black to Grey, from Bloody Red to Bright Yellow, any wonderful or crazy colors you like! And not to mention new functions and stunning layouts.

I'm sure that does not exist the years before because I once tried to switch to OneNote but disappointed by the fact that it did not have dark theme as well. Time flies. Years after, the not-so-good OneNote now runs ahead of Evernote with great improvement.

Great. Time to switch. Just 5 minutes to import all my 500+ lecture notes into OneNote.

Time to say goodbye to this thread.

onenote.jpg

That's great news... link?  I can't find this information anywhere.  =

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

So after 4 years of this topic and still nothing, it's hilarious... they ignore us.

i think the development is a bit fall behind of whats needed from clients. and the support path is not efficient.

Totally need this. I had enough of high brightness LCDs all day long. In other hand for mobile, sometimes editing notes around minutes before goes to sleep. Thus, annoyingly bright with light off. need to manually invert colors.

My MS-Office, Chrome and PDF Reader goes black all the time.

Archived