(Archived) Problem with Evernote v5.0.3.1614

z0rr0z

Since installing the latest update (v5.0.3.1614) I've had the Windows client crash every time I open it.

I get a C++ Runtime Library error: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

I fill in the Fatal Error dialog, but I'm not sure the reports are actually being sent.

I'm using Windows 7 (64bit) and, in attempting to find my own solution, have uninstalled Evernote, re-started the computer and re-installed. This has not solved the problem.

Does this problem coincide with any other reports?

TIA,

Peter

• Level 5*

Since installing the latest update (v5.0.3.1614) I've had the Windows client crash every time I open it.

I get a C++ Runtime Library error: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

I fill in the Fatal Error dialog, but I'm not sure the reports are actually being sent.

I'm using Windows 7 (64bit) and, in attempting to find my own solution, have uninstalled Evernote, re-started the computer and re-installed. This has not solved the problem.

Does this problem coincide with any other reports?

TIA,

Peter

You can search the forum to find W7 64 bit issues,  but I run one machine that way and have no issues.  Try uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller (and search here to find out how to exit the app completely and backup what you have now just in case...) and reinstall - again.  If you've not done a disk clean lately it might be good to Spring-clean (Autumn-clean?) your system too.

• 1 month later...

Archived