(Archived) import folders - include / exclude patterns

fedup41

I suggest that an enhancement to the import folders feature allowing filtering on what is imported would correct issues that I have experienced where Evernote will attempt to import the file before it is completely downloaded into the import folder. I routinely download files directly into an import folder using Chrome.  During the download Chrome appends .crdownload to any file until the download is done.   Very often Evernote will create a new note with the .crdownload file with partial content.  It then removes the file (because that is how I have the options set) and the Chrome download ultimately fails.

A "filter" allowing for exclusion of certain editable "patterns" would let me tell Evernote to ignore .crdownload files.

Chrome removes that temporary extension when the file is complete.  At that point, if this enhancement where to be included in Evernote, Evernote would pick up the completed file. Otherwise, the only way I know how to do this is to download to a separate folder and then move the file to an import folder later - but that is not as useful.

• Level 5*

Have a look at automated file management with Belvedere - it's a Lifehacker project - and would allow you to use your not-an-import-folder folder for all scanning / downloads etc,  and specify what files are moved where and at what time.  If you have several import folders aimed at different notebooks you can file your notes by name or filetype as you wish. 

Have a look at automated file management with Belvedere - it's a Lifehacker project - and would allow you to use your not-an-import-folder folder for all scanning / downloads etc,  and specify what files are moved where and at what time.  If you have several import folders aimed at different notebooks you can file your notes by name or filetype as you wish. 

I briefly used Belvedere & really liked it.  I don't know why I stopped using it...???  :rolleyes:

Archived