(Archived) Open\Import PC Database in Evernote Mac?

starfire346

Idea

Okay. So, I used to use a PC laptop with Windows 7. After that suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure, I switched to using OSX. I had a lot of graphics-heavy notes in Evernote, so I used a lot of local notebooks. After setting up Evernote on the new laptop, all the notes I did have synced loaded fine, but now I'm stuck on how to get the rest of my stuff to load into the program. I think I figured out how to get the .enex files to open but not the original database files from the PC. Is this possible? 

post-158929-0-48346900-1382822123_thumb.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

OK I got that you have a desktop exb file - does that contain local notebooks?  You're gonna need a laptop that has a new Evernote install so you can replace its exb folder with the files from this one.  Use a free account so you don't mess with your new notes.  

Open Evernote so you can see your old notes - export your local notebooks (individually) to enex files,  and then you can import them wherever you'd like.  

Yes, the exb file contains local notebooks. new laptop has new evernote program installed, but I can't figure out how to get access to the old Windows-Created .exb database on the new OSX computer. The old computer is a paperweight now, so I can't just open the old notes to export them to .enex files.

Okay. So, I used to use a PC laptop with Windows 7. After that suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure, I switched to using OSX. I had a lot of graphics-heavy notes in Evernote, so I used a lot of local notebooks. After setting up Evernote on the new laptop, all the notes I did have synced loaded fine, but now I'm stuck on how to get the rest of my stuff to load into the program. I think I figured out how to get the .enex files to open but not the original database files from the PC. Is this possible? 

attachicon.gifevernotedatabase.jpg

Yes, the exb file contains local notebooks. new laptop has new evernote program installed, but I can't figure out how to get access to the old Windows-Created .exb database on the new OSX computer. The old computer is a paperweight now, so I can't just open the old notes to export them to .enex files.

AFAIK, exb files (Evernote Windows desktop client database) is not compatible with Mac. The only way I know to move local notebooks from Windows to Mac (or vice versa) is via exporting/importing to enex. If you are not able to do that, you may be SOL.

BurgersNFries is correct, you'll need to use a computer running windows, you need to open the database file and export to enex, which the mac can then open .

(Or possibly something like Crossover office if Evernote windows is compatible with it, I think it might be but you'll have to look into it)

You could also maybe do a trial version of parallels with a trial version of windows 8- but that would be a huge time sync, best to just borrow a friends windows pc if you don't own one. 

• Level 5*

Unless @shimra's suggestion works,  looks like you'll need to beg borrow or hire a windows machine for a short while - all you need it to do is extract the notebooks then wipe all the related files...

Archived