davezane

mac Still can't sign in :(

I updated to Mavericks on my MacBook Air, and just updated skitch to 2.7, but still can't sign into Evernote from skitch.  capture.tiff

I also have two tickets out for this issue, neither have been addressed by Evernote. 

@dave

I've contacted our Customer Service group to let them know about your issue and outstanding ticket. Can you reply in detail what you are doing in order to trigger this message? 

Thank you, and sure!

I open skitch by clicking the icon, then click "sign in".  I then fill out the user name and password, and click the sign in button, and the error above shows up.  I have tried to delete both Evernote and Skitch and reinstall, and I have them working on my iPhone, iPad and they were working on my PC.  I switched from PC to MAC about a month ago,  so am fairly new to this system - maybe there is a set up file or something that I'm not fully uninstalling to get this error to clear.

I had the same issue in Mountain Lion and the previous version of Skitch two weeks ago, and the issue looks exactly the same with Mavericks and Skitch 2..

@davezane

Can you do me a favor and after you try and log in (and it fails) do the following:

• Open up Skitch and skip the sign in
  • Go to Help
  • Click on Activity Log
  • Copy and paste the contents into this forum post, or send them to me in a private message. 

@davezane

I'm going to send you a private message which will outline a process for you to take on your Mac that might rectify this situation. 

I'm having the same issue here. but instead the error message is much more vague, saying the operating can't be completed. Any idea?

Turn off Auto Proxy Discovery in your network settings. 

System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies