(Archived) feature request - movable notes

racs

Can you please make it so notes are moveable  - both to a different order in the same notebook, and to another notebook (right click= move to=choose notebook).

Really, really annoying and tremendously unorganized.

Also, why can't we reoorganize notebooks? I could do both of these things in OneNote, and frankly that is a huge dealbreaker for me.

• Level 5*

Can you please make it so notes are moveable  - both to a different order in the same notebook,

This one gets requested occasionally. Evernote doesn't appear interested in implementing it.

and to another notebook (right click= move to=choose notebook).

You can already do this. Right-clicking on a note in the note view has exactly this option. On the note itself, you just click on the notebook dropdown to select a new notebook for the note. I do this all the time.

Also, why can't we reoorganize notebooks? I could do both of these things in OneNote, and frankly that is a huge dealbreaker for me.

See response above. You just need to rely on sorting; that's really the only option, with the exception of using reminders to force notes to the top of the note view.

and to another notebook (right click= move to=choose notebook).

Sorry, wasn't clear. I meant drag and drop.

I just find the whole Evernote interface so awful. At least they fixed search, which was an issue. I'm not a OneNote evangelist, but I had been using it for several years until Microsoft Office disappeared from my computer (long story).

• Level 5*

You said "(right click= move to=choose notebook)", so I assumed that that was what you meant. But yes, you can drag a note from the note list to a notebook in the notebook list in the left panel. Is that what you meant?

Archived