New Android Phone Shows Evernote As A Widget

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Bought a new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and downloaded Evernote from the Play Store. Synced it to my account. When I went to look for it there is no Evernote app! It does however, show as an icon in the Widgets, but cannot be opened.

The only way I can open it, is to go into Play Store were it gives me the option to 'Open' or 'Uninstall'.

Unless anyone has an ideas, I guess it will be uninstall and try again.

Best regards

Chris

This is driving me nuts!

On second thought I think Evernote was transferred over from the old phone using the Samsung app. It is now impossible to remove!

I appreciate that this is a phone issue and not an Evernote one.

Any bright ideas anyone?

Regards

Chris

For those who may come across this problem in the future here is how I sorted it.

First of all, the Evernote short-cut which was in the Widgets menu was already installed on the phone. I proved this by putting the phone back to factory settings.

To start with it was impossible to move this or drag it to the 'bin'.

After taking the phone back to factory settings the second time. I went to 'Play Store' and Evernote along with a lot of other programmes where downloading. I left them to download. There was still no icon for Evernote outside of the short-cut in the Widgets menu. But this time I was able to drag this to the main Apps page. From here I was also able to open the bar that comes from the left, click on the 'dotted' arrow at the bottom then add Evernote to this bar, thereby allowing me to get into Evernote from wherever I am!

I am going to guess at what went wrong. I believe that I used the 'Samsung Smart Switch' app which brings all the data from my old Samsung Galaxy S2 to the Note 3, too quickly and before everything was downloaded automatically for the phone. I then caused a glitch. But who knows I may be wrong.

Best regards

Chris

• 4 months later...

Archived