(Archived) Toolbar customizations not being saved

RobD

New Windows 7 64-Bit comptuer runing EN 4.6.7.8409. I customize the toolbar to my liking, sync, completely close EN, open EN, the customizations are gone. Toolbar is back to it's default state.post-144255-0-14719000-1382452182_thumb.post-144255-0-53200600-1382452182_thumb.

Hi Rob,

The setting for this is saved in the registry, and Evernote saves this when it completely exits.

Sometimes, this doesn't get saved, for reasons I am not entirely familiar with. Perhaps on shutdown EN doesn't quite get enough time to save ad close before it is closed.

Anyway, there is a way to force it to save.

Set your toolbar customisations, and then Exit Evernote manually, via File -> Exit

When you open Evernote again, it should have kept the customisations that you have set.

Scott

Hi Rob,

The setting for this is saved in the registry, and Evernote saves this when it completely exits.

Sometimes, this doesn't get saved, for reasons I am not entirely familiar with. Perhaps on shutdown EN doesn't quite get enough time to save ad close before it is closed.

Anyway, there is a way to force it to save.

Set your toolbar customisations, and then Exit Evernote manually, via File -> Exit

When you open Evernote again, it should have kept the customisations that you have set.

Scott

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.  Upon File - Exit, should I also close the taskbar EN icon?  Or is that not relavent?

Archived