(Archived) How can I organize an Evernote info session?

I've never been good at taking notes - or being organized, in general.  I've somehow managed to cobble together various note taking tools and scratchpads (both real world and digital) to get by.  

I've been using Evernote for a while now, but I always feel like I'm doing it wrong.  Life seems to require more and more organization, and my partner is now back in grad school, so I figured now is as good a time as any to reach out for help.

Any suggestions on how I would go about setting up an Evernote info/training session in, say, the New Haven, CT area?  I'd be happy to host, help organize, set up, etc.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

There's no 'official' formal training available that I'm aware of - although there are quite a few "get the best out of" Evernote e-courses and documents flying around.  The thing about Evernote is that there's no 'right' way to use it - the multi-platform storing-and-finding thing is just a really good component of any system you might want to use.  

Best advice would be - forget about Evernote for the moment;  work out how you want to deal with the inputs that are flying your way,  then use Evernote as the backbone of that system.  You may still have to use other software,  and even (shock horror) paper and pen - but to file stuff away where you can reliably and quickly find it again.

If you search the Forums you'll find GrumpyMonkeys posts - he's written quite a bit on various topics and has some links in his signature to good practices.

Archived