ab1kenobee

android (Archived) Android - Search Text within Images

Howdy, brilliant EN Members!   :)

I just finished searching the EN forum for:  HOW TO SEARCH IMAGE TEXT (Android)... with no luck using both the Google forum search option as well as EN's native search... as well as several keyword variations.

I have photo'd and "page camera'd" business cards which have been resident in my Samsung Note 2 for weeks that I've tested for searches... which come up with no results (Premium subscription).

REQUEST:  Would appreciate some genius tutoring on the subject!  (LOL!)

Many thanks in advance,

Alan

Android - Samsung Note II

Windows 7 laptop

Can you see the content of the business cards in your notes?  What file type are the pictures?  JPG?  PNG?

Hello gazumped:

Yes, I can see full details of business cards or signs -  in all of the images (.JPG).

Many thanks in advance,

Alan

Windows 7 laptop

OK I'm confused.  You should be able to search for the content of the JPG'd picture and 'find' it via Evernote.

Hello gazumped:

I'm not confused at all... EN is simply not OCR reading the images.

Please advise!

Alan

Windows 7 laptop

I suggest a support ticket - see below - and post the number here so interested Evernote devs can have a squint at it.  

Your pics should be OCR'd within a few hours when they hit Evernote's servers.  Have these notes synced?

Hello gazumped:

Yes... the images have been synced for weeks.   ;)

I will submit a ticket (as you recommend) and post the ticket number in this thread for EN Devs review, based on the answer to the following question:

QUESTION:  Is it a straight-up search without requirement for any search parameter?

Thank you.

Alan

Windows 7 laptop