IOS7 serif fonts?

Hi,

I quite agree that the new version is jarring. The serif fonts and the patterned interface disrupt my focus when I switch between (any) productivity apps from apple. Could we change the font to something more iOS 7 and get rid of the distracting pattern? My list of notebooks feels hard to navigate at least the old interface used space to display more, perhaps if the edit let me organize the display level. Putting a' sand dashes in front of names to reorder notebooks feels like an ancient unnecessary technique. I am sure the functionality is all there but losing search instead of announcements I don't need (often if ever) is sure a waste, I feel the interface has squashed up the notes/notebook area into a minimal space and devoted the most valuable stuff (very top and bottom) to pushing stiff at me I seldom need and want instead of stuff I need... Like search. Please provide an option to customize the display to be more iOS 7 esthetically, this is just plain hard to look at. Cheers

• Level 5*

I really wonder where the Evernote iOS designers got their training. 

It is VERY common knowledge that san serif fonts are MUCH easier to read on computer screens (this would include any electronic device).  Serif fonts help our eyes on PAPER, but NOT on screens which don't have the necessary resolution.

IMO, Verdana is the MOST readable font.  It is not fancy, and I guess not especially cool, but it is sooooooooooo readable.

Can an Evernote UI designer explain why serif fonts were used?

• 10 months later...

I really wonder where the Evernote iOS designers got their training. 

It is VERY common knowledge that san serif fonts are MUCH easier to read on computer screens (this would include any electronic device).  Serif fonts help our eyes on PAPER, but NOT on screens which don't have the necessary resolution.

IMO, Verdana is the MOST readable font.  It is not fancy, and I guess not especially cool, but it is sooooooooooo readable.

Can an Evernote UI designer explain why serif fonts were used?

I would have the same question. Take a good example from Pocket. There you can chose between serif and sans serif fonts.

Please Evernote, this wouldn't be such an effort for you but a huge relief for your users.

Archived