(Archived) Camera Roll Resitricted ?

Pyccs

Hi,

In Skitch 3.0 and 3.02 I can no longer access the Camera Roll feature.

If I go into the settings of the app, I can go to Restrictions and then I have a 4-digit code to enter, which I do not know of.

My usual 4-digit passcode to unlock my phone doesn't work, and I have not enabled Parental Controls or Restrictions in the settings of my iPhone 5.

My Camera Roll contains above 2626 photos.

Is there any solution to this ?

On a side-note, I have always found the UI of this app to be insanely confusing. Skitch 3 hasn't changed my opinion at all. Will something ever be done about it ?

Thanks.

@Pyccs

When you installed Skitch 3.0, or 3.0.2, when prompted did you grant Skitch permission to access the camera roll? I ask because there are two different restrictions settings: iOS & Skitch App itself.

Changing iOS Restriction Settings

If you set Skitch to not allow access to the camera roll, or accidentally selected No when prompted, you can change the permissions by going to:

1. Settings
  2. General
  3. Restrictions
  4. Scroll down till you see "Privacy"
  5. Tap on Photos
  6. Find Skitch and make sure the switch is green

Skitch Restriction Settings

Skitch has its own restrictions, but these have to be set manually by a person. You can change these by:

1. Launch Skitch
  2. Tap on the up arrow near the bottom right
  3. Tap on the Gear
  4. Tap on Restrictions
  5. If you (or someone else) entered a 4 digit password tap that in
  6. Tap on the Photos button to change it from green to grey to turn off that restriction.

If you do not remember, or know, the Skitch App restriction password you will need to delete the app and then reinstall Skitch.

Archived