Reminder search results still inconsistent in EN 5.0.3.1559

Rense

Hi,

Reminders are a huge improvement in EN 5, but searching for them still seems buggy. As far as I know this has been a problem since EN 5 came out.

I have the following query: notebook:2-ToDo reminderOrder:* -reminderDoneTime:*.

This is supposed to return notes from notebook "2-ToDo" that have a reminder and have not been marked as done. The query however does not return all notes that satisfy these conditions (i.e. some that I know do exist do not show up).

Conversely, the query "notebook:2-TODO  reminderDoneTime:*" is supposed to return notes that HAVE been marked as done, but it also returns notes with open reminders.

In the web interface and on my Android tablet these queries run fine. Also, when I view notebook "2-ToDo" in snippet view all open reminders show up in the reminders list.

Obviously, the usefulness of reminders depends on being able to reliably find them!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rense,

I am not entirely sure, but it seems to me that the issue stems with using the combination of both Notebook and the reminder searches.

On their own, the reminder searches seem to work as expected for me, but when using the notebook search operator, I see similar things to you.

EDIT: And now I am seeing the reminder searches not work correctly on their own. Odd. So ultimately, it still needs some work.

Scott

• 5 months later...

I e-mailed support again and got the following reply:

Hello Rense,

Hello Rense, [sic!]

Unfortunately we do not have an ETA on this issue. I do apologize.
The dev team does prioritize accordingly and unfortunately some issues do take longer that we would like to resolve.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you!

Very unsatisfying.... apparently Evernote finds it acceptable to let genuine problems of paying customers lie around for half a year.

I e-mailed support again and got the following reply:

Hello Rense,

Hello Rense, [sic!]

Unfortunately we do not have an ETA on this issue. I do apologize.

The dev team does prioritize accordingly and unfortunately some issues do take longer that we would like to resolve.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you!

Very unsatisfying.... apparently Evernote finds it acceptable to let genuine problems of paying customers lie around for half a year.

Evernote certainly does not find it acceptable. I do think the support reply is very clear. This is probably not the only problem needing to be worked on...priorities need to be made...some things are not fixable in a day or two...etc, etc, etc.

Well I'm not complaining about a day or two, but about five months. I also agree that the reply is clear; it's just not very helpful. Basically they're telling me: "we don't care about your problem at the moment, and we don't know when we will. Suck it up."

If they have so many problems that it takes almost half a year (and counting) to solve a single problem, maybe they should hire more people? If they find it unacceptable, they should do something about it!

• 9 months later...

So I've just updated to version 5.8.1.6061, and this issue has still not been resolved. It is now been more than a year since my first post. May I kindly suggest that the developers spend some time solving known bugs before inventing new features like Context and Work Chat?

Archived