iOS Quick Note Probs (Audio Notes)

I really dig the overhaul that EN received for iOS7, however, I really miss the ability to quickly launch an audio note. With my attention span, by the time I have a new note created and manage to get the audio feature selected, my ideas (which are primarily songs) have often vanished from my mind or been interrupted by life or troubleshooting. 

I think the "Type a quick note" banner is done super well! I just wish I that I could customize what those quick launch buttons were (IE: choosing to have the audio note as a shortcut instead of something like "Reminder" or "Camera" which I personally rarely use EN for). 

Would anyone else benefit from this feature?

• 3 months later...

I would absolutely 2nd this as an option. A few months ago there were some folks who couldn't find the audio feature at all. I agreed back then that there should be an option to choose audio on the "create new note" (formerly "quick launch") section. I would still gladly trade out the photos, reminder, or list options in the quick-launch for an audio option.

My rationale: creating a new note from a photo I already have on my phone isn't a situation where speed is crucial to me, but getting faster access to the mic on my phone to record an idea I'm having "in the moment" is very important to me.

Have to agree.If space was an issue,I'd like to customise the buttons and remove the list button and insert the record memo one instead.

Having something like this would probably benefit those stuck in traffic with their phone mounted.

One press record while the idea is there.

• 5 months later...

This issue is one of the biggest letdowns of switching to iOS from Android. On an Android phone, you can create a "audio note" widget on the home screen, and all it takes is just a tap on the widget to start recording. I used it a lot to create notes-to-self on the moment. 

As the developers are not working on this for now, does anyone know of any other good "voice note" or "audio note" app for iOS that is quicker to use?

• 1 month later...

Archived