(Archived) One month without Evernote

Glanzfranz

Idea

More than one month ago, I purchased my first MacBook Air. Before, I was a PC user and for many years I have been using Evernote as a premium member.

I installed Evernote on my new Mac and I remember that it did work in the beginning. But one day, Evernote decided to shut down, right after opening. I re-installed, I deleted all related files, I even bought MacKeeper in my desperation, because I have not received any useful help from Evernote support. 

I wonder if anyone reading this has got an idea as to a possible solution, because even now, having been communicating with Evernote support for almost 1 month, they still have not been able to help.

Oh yes, since last night, Evernote is actually loading but won't open without logging in. My login credentials are not accepted. Unbelievable! It works online, it works on my smart phone, but the desktop version is not accepting my username and password.

Yes, I have checked what I am typing. I have even typed my password in WORD and pasted it. No success.

Any suggestions from Evernote support: NONE WHATSOEVER!

Can anyone understand my frustration and disappointment? Not only have I not been able to use my Premium Evernote for a whole month, but also is there no solution in sight. The Evernote support team has nothing to offer! 

I have always envisage smart IT wizards who represent Evernote, since it is such a useful program, but my experience of it's support team is one of the worse. 

So, therefore I am asking, if anyone outside of Evernote can please help!?

Regards

Glanzfranz

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi. Sorry to hear about the trouble.

First, please post your ticket number here so that we can alert the support gurus. Second, have you tried deleting everything and logging in with a different account to see what happens? Here are instructions for deleting everything and installing the direct download version (recommended).

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=135

Let us know how it goes. My guess is that a clean install with a different account will work fine. From there, we'll see if we can't get your regular account working.

Thanks for your quick answer!

I guess the ticket number is in the subject line, which goes: 

Anfrage# 159440 - Evernote Desktop schliesst direkt nach dem Öffnen wieder. (Anfrage #159440)

I wll follow your instructions and get back to you soon.

Thanks again!

Richard

This is really weird:

I did create a new account ( account C) and the program opened. 

Then I wanted to log in as a different user and learned that I only needed to switch to my other account, which was already part of the menu. In fact, both my Evernote Premium Accounts are listed in the menu, when clicking on the username for C. The options are "Change to B" and "Change to A"

Now it really gets weird, because I can switch from the newly generated account C to B without a problem. I do not even have to enter my username and password. 

However, opting for account A, I am prompted for username and password and, once entered, the program will minimize and reduce itself to the icon on the bar.

Clicking on it, activates the login window, as if I have never entered anything.

Can you help?

• Level 5*

This is really weird:

I did create a new account ( account C) and the program opened. 

Then I wanted to log in as a different user and learned that I only needed to switch to my other account, which was already part of the menu. In fact, both my Evernote Premium Accounts are listed in the menu, when clicking on the username for C. The options are "Change to B" and "Change to A"

Now it really gets weird, because I can switch from the newly generated account C to B without a problem. I do not even have to enter my username and password. 

However, opting for account A, I am prompted for username and password and, once entered, the program will minimize and reduce itself to the icon on the bar.

Clicking on it, activates the login window, as if I have never entered anything.

Can you help?

I don't think you followed my instructions with appzapper, did you? Everything should be completely wiped from your computer before installing. Otherwise, you are likely to run into the same problems. As for Mackeeper, I consider it malware. If it was on my machine, I'd wipe the entire drive and reinstall the operating system from scratch. That's just me, though. If you don't feel the same, at least make sure to get rid of all the Evernote stuff before installing it. Let me know if the appzapper solution isn't working.

• Level 5*

Thank you for your answer! I will probably wipe my disk and re-install as you suggested.

Will get back as soon as I have results.

Best

Glanzfranz

Glad to hear. That seems like the most certain solution. Make sure to backup before you do any erasing (I recommend Time Machine). You should have no problems. I also recommend the direct download of Evernote (not the appstore version). Let us know how it goes!

• Level 5*

I have wiped my disk and re-installed everything. Evernote is now working nicely. And MacKeeper will not see my lovely AIR ever again.

Thanks again for all your help!

Great to hear! Enjoy the Air. It's my favorite computer so far, and Evernote is a joy to use on it.

• Level 5*

Something is wrong with the Forum software.

I got the email notify about GM's reply to my post, but it does NOT appear when I open the thread in FireFox.

Any ideas as to what is causing this?

Sorry about that. I split out the post from this thread, but should have responded after I did that.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/44588-apple-rumors-12-mbp/

• Level 5*

Something is wrong with the Forum software.

I got the email notify about GM's reply to my post, but it does NOT appear when I open the thread in FireFox.

Any ideas as to what is causing this?

Sorry about that. I split out the post from this thread, but should have responded after I did that.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/44588-apple-rumors-12-mbp/

GM, I think you are begin a bit over-picky about keeping on-topic.  It wasn't like I posted some long rant ...

I actually thought it was a natural follow-up to your post.

NBD.

Archived