How to change default background color on Evernote 5?

krm

I recently upgraded to Evernote 5 (on Windows 7 Pro) and couldn't find way to change the default background color.  This feature existed in previous versions of Evernote.

Black on white is not an ideal color scheme for folks working late at night.  There are many methods to turn down the brightness or color via monitor or video drivers, but this should be user selectable.  

If there is a workaround available, please share this information.  The issue of black on white is also on the web client, which I could not use due to this issue as well.

I totally agree.  The gray-on-gray looks just plain washed out.  In list view, the vertical scroll bar in the tags panel just vanishes.  I don't get the big deal about "flattening" apps but if it's a good thing, then fine, but please give me back my colors! 

• Level 5*

My bad, thank you for pointing that out.

Thinking about it though, which other method of expressing agreement to the other posts while not having anything further to add is there to be used??

No problem, not everyone reads those things (I hadn't actually until quite recently). A "like" usually serves the same purpose, without actually adding a new and largely empty post to the topic. That's what I do, anyways.

My bad, thank you for pointing that out.

Thinking about it though, which other method of expressing agreement to the other posts while not having anything further to add is there to be used??

No problem, not everyone reads those things (I hadn't actually until quite recently). A "like" usually serves the same purpose, without actually adding a new and largely empty post to the topic. That's what I do, anyways.

OK, I saw that option, but I figured nobody uses it, as there is no indication to how many likes there already are, if any, nor what is actually achieved by liking. But yeah, guess I'll do that from now on. thx

• Level 5*

I use "Like"s all the time; when a post gets liked, you should see a list of the people who "liked" it next to the "Like" button. There, I  just "Liked" your post... :)

• 2 months later...

Any update on this issue?  Working with Evernote at night is causing me sleeping problems due to the brightness of the background.   There is a good reason why E-reader apps come with friendly contrast for reading purposes.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Level 5*

Workaround is to make a note template with the background color that you want (various ways to go about that), and use the Copy Note (Duplicate Note on some clients) to make new notes based on that template.

• 11 months later...

I've found a couple of hacks for this, but they are kind of difficult and I'm not sure they will keep working when there's an upgrade. If EN used to have this feature, it must not be that difficult to implement. Please bring it back?

Archived