tomaswk

mac (Archived) Skitch Freezes on Startup Screen

I am trying to instal Skitch on my computer but every time I load it up tot he welcome screen > http://grab.by/r1si < it freezes. I think it had to do with old skitch files maybe I had on my computer so I used CleanMyMac to clean them up, but it still does the same thing. Thoughts?

@tomaswk - What version of OS X are you running and is this Skitch 2.6.2 from the Mac App Store or direct download from our website?

Hi Joe - I'm using Version 10.8.5 and downloaded Skitch from the website...

@tomaswk - Were you running any older version of Skitch prior to doing the update?

What you're hitting is a really old bug that could get triggered when people ran multiple copies of Skitch on the same Mac.

Hi Joe - Yes I had a previous copy of Skitch on my computer but then had to do a system wipe to reset everything and thus have been re-installing each program one by one. I used CleanMyMac to clean up the old files, but it still does the same thing.

Thoughts?

I'm going to send you a PM and ask for some device specific information and offer up a suggestion. Because this might contain some personal information I'd rather not have you post a reply to this thread.