(Archived) Help upgrading Mac Evernote 5.1 to 5.3 - "locked files"

dcarwin

Idea

Does Evernote not provide an "update" within the app?

Seems like I had to go to the website and grab the latest version in order to upgrade versions.

I did so. I'm on 5.1 and I grabbed the latest DMG which looks to contain 5.3.  When I tried to move it into Apps (to upgrade) I got the following error without any info as to which files need to be unlocked:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s169/sh/f0b05a5a-00db-4290-827d-859de5579ae2/08fd95447263ab94c29cc2fe5217a1a6

Thanks for the help, just trying to get Evernote updated.

Dan

3 replies to this idea

Tried clcking on Evernote in the menu bar? There's a check for updates option.

Wasn't there to the best of my recollection, hence my original question. I think I got the 5.1 from the app store.  Possible I missed it, but I was specifically looking for it.  Evernote (the app) told me to go to the web to get a new version (when I ventured into some area low on the left side bar). It didn't suggest to check for updates via a menu option. 

I nuked the evernote.app directory and initiated a new install.  Evernote installer said something about finding an old app store version and needing to copy all my notes over. it's mid-copy right now.  Looks like I'll be back up as soon as this copy finishes, incredibly slow copy though.

Archived