Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 "Could not use the file to be processed"

ericc2728

I'm always getting this error when I scan to evernote document from the scansnap software "Could not use the file to be processed. Check if the file has the proper access right, or if it is not currently in use by other applications. "2013_10_07_14_48_43.pdf" I'm scanning several pages at once and saving each page as a different note so I'm assuming the automatic naming of the file is the same for each page and because it already has the same name the software can't use it again. If this is the case how do I get around this annoying error? Thanks for your help

• Level 5*

Are you scanning to an import folder?  ScanSnap and Evernote might be fighting over who gets to open the file.  When my S1500 scans to multiple files they come out as (1),  (2) etc so naming shouldn't be an issue.  Try scanning the same document with all pages in the same PDF.  Do you have the same problems?

• Level 5*

I see you're scanning direct to Evernote - that could be the situation where multiple files cause an overlap in access permissions.  Could you scan to folder and set up a different folder as an Import folder,  then drag files between the two once the scan is complete?

ok so it looks like i can do it that way but it creates several extra steps. i'm not an expert at evernote but i found the setting to define an import folder. Question is when does the import happen? do i need to press a button? and when it does import what notebook does it import into?

post-155865-0-14672500-1381529503_thumb.

• Level 5*

It's not that complicated.  You can have more than one import folder and they'll automatically and immediately import any contents into the Evernote notebook you set them up to link to.  No buttons to push,  no wait - just drop the files into the folder,  and they're on their way to Evernote.  If you're filing to several folders you might want to import to an offline folder and then drag/ drop in bulk from there.  In any case always set the folder to delete files as they're imported.  Best way to find out whether this suits you is to try the system out with a few test files and a test notebook.

ok, i really appreciate your help. The folder thing works but now this box keeps popping up and i can't find a setting to disable it from popping up. I could have sworn that it wasn't doing this before when i had the "scan to folder" option. I just scanned the receipts then they would pop into the folder i specified then evernote would import them and then delete them. Do you know how to prevent this box from opening? 

post-155865-0-76184200-1381871993_thumb.

• Level 5*

I don't get that window,  but I can't find a setting that would re-enable it - if you right-click your ScanSnap manager you can check for an update of the scanner software;  maybe that will cure it..

• 5 months later...

I had this problem and discovered that it was because I was scanning to a Dropbox folder. Dropbox and Evernote were fighting over who got the file. So I switched the save folder to a folder outside of Dropbox, problem solved. I don't really need those scans in Dropbox since they are already in Evernote, but every once in a while I'll manually dump them into my Dropbox just in case.

Archived