(Archived) Tags in Sidebar for Shared Notebooks

Dan in Cambridge

I just upgraded to Evernote 5 on my Windows machine at work.  I like it, except that now it's showing in the sidebar all the tags created by other users in shared notebooks as tagname (username).  It's really clogging up the sidebar, and it won't let me move the tags into groups (I guess because they don't belong to me).  This doesn't happen on Evernote for mac.  Any way to get rid of these?  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

There's no need to raise a bug for this one. The linked topic has discussion from Evernote staff. They're obviously aware of it and working on it. In general, though, bugs can be raised by opening a support request. See the link in my signature.

There's no need to raise a bug for this one. The linked topic has discussion from Evernote staff. They're obviously aware of it and working on it. In general, though, bugs can be raised by opening a support request. See the link in my signature.

Thanks for the heads up. I did see that, but it's in the Mac category and somebody wrote that it had been fixed, which I wasn't in a position to confirm. But if you're saying it's a known and open (Win) issue, that's fine by me.

Secondly though, I've already used the link to officially report it (hence I struck my last comment through) but just a general comment to that link (something which has already em.. bugged me - no pun intended)... the feedback form isn't obviously for reporting bugs. The wording there says something like "What do you need help with?" Well, if I'm reporting a bug, then I probably don't need help. In fact, in that case, the bug reporter is the one helping Evernote ;)

• 2 months later...

Archived