(Archived) What happened to audio notes in app for iOS7?

pb33

• 1 month later...

A serious note to EN developers: Audio notes are taken in situations where it is difficult or impossible to use typing options, e.g. driving a car. To have to use a three button procedure is dangerous. For audio notes we need a relatively big and easy to find button, that our fingers can find without us having to get out our reading glasses and stare at the iPhone screen. Please.....

A serious note to EN developers: Audio notes are taken in situations where it is difficult or impossible to use typing options, e.g. driving a car. To have to use a three button procedure is dangerous. For audio notes we need a relatively big and easy to find button, that our fingers can find without us having to get out our reading glasses and stare at the iPhone screen. Please.....

+1 to this request

+1

I have been using SoundEver for recording audio notes for several months.

It has the ugly but highly-usable interface for starting and pausing recordings with huge buttons that dominate. This above all else is why I bought the app.

I am not sure how they decide to sync - feels like you have to leave the app running for an indeterminate time - but have to say it is reliable when I have forced a sync. My usual problem is impatience and forcing a sync and then ending up with multiple copies in Evernote. This may also be related to the time that Evernote takes to process notes with attachments.

Whilst the above sounds critical, I would vastly prefer their approach where I can force extra syncs to occur, than have something which was "smart" and didn't allow me to force an extra sync.

It is working fine in iOS 7 on my iPhone 4.

Yes it could be improved but it is vastly safer than using the record in the Evernote official iOS version. I also very much value the ability to pause and resume recording which means I am not skimming through as many awkward silences when reviewing my notes.

Archived