(Archived) Paid and Free Evernote Subscriptions on One Userid

Wheels17

I want to keep my free Evernote account, and establish a new Premium Evernote account.   I intend to use the Premium account to eliminate paper, and continue to use the free account for all other activities as I have been doing.  I use it across multiple computers and my Android phone.  I don't want the Premium account on my phone due to the anticipated large amount of data I will be storing in that account.

I see that the existing Evernote data is stored in C:\Users\Userid\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote.   The free account email/id is ########A@gmail.com, but the files are just #########.xxx, without the A.  I want to use my ######## gmail account(no A, the ######### is the same for both email accounts) for the paid subscription. but it looks like there is a chance for a collision if I use that account.  I would assume Evernote is smart enough not to crash things, but I'd just like to be sure.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

• Level 5*

I want to keep my free Evernote account, and establish a new Premium Evernote account.   I intend to use the Premium account to eliminate paper, and continue to use the free account for all other activities as I have been doing.  I use it across multiple computers and my Android phone.  I don't want the Premium account on my phone due to the anticipated large amount of data I will be storing in that account.

I see that the existing Evernote data is stored in C:\Users\Userid\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote.   The free account email/id is ########A@gmail.com, but the files are just #########.xxx, without the A.  I want to use my ######## gmail account(no A, the ######### is the same for both email accounts) for the paid subscription. but it looks like there is a chance for a collision if I use that account.  I would assume Evernote is smart enough not to crash things, but I'd just like to be sure.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

The user names that heather mentioned are used for naming the associated Evernote database, so having unique user names will ensure that no collisions occur. It's nothing to do with the email address names.

Ah, so I created the problem myself when I set up the free account.  I guess I'll just use a different username that doesn't match the email address.  No big deal.  I did see this, but it probably isn't worth the effort.  I'll just use ##########_Archive or something.

Can I change my username?

Evernote Premium and Evernote Business Users

Evernote Premium and Evernote Business users may submit a support ticket to change their username.

Free Evernote Users

We recommend users upgrade to Evernote Premium and submit a support ticket

Alternatively, free account users may open a second account with a new username, and then close the previous account. Your email address can only be associated with a single Evernote account, so you'll need to either:

1. Change the email address on your old account before creating the new account. Log into Evernote on the web, then click your username and go into Account Settings to change your email address. We recommend just putting the letter M in front of the email in the account you want to close, this will let us know you didn't just close the account, but instead moved to another account.

Archived