Search within an Evernote document

bacizone

Idea

Hi,

Evernote for Android searches in PDF and In Office docs, maybe even within images, not sure.

But proper text search is not implemented WITHIN a plain text Note with search result jumps forward / backward?

10 replies to this idea

It has been asked so many times... the result up to now is NOTHING.

One of the Android developer told me around 1.5 years ago that they will add it to the dev list.

Then they implemented "pdf search", "image search", whatever search...but not the most basic feature!

Hopefully after the upcoming "receipt search", "webclip search", "web search" , "business search" "food search", "collaboration search" and probably the most important, vital and revolultionary "ipad smart cover search"  (premium service!!!) we'll see some "in-document search" as well just in the next 8-10 years  :)

Hopefully after the upcoming "receipt search", "webclip search", "web search" , "business search" "food search", "collaboration search" and probably the most important, vital and revolultionary "ipad smart cover search"  (premium service!!!) we'll see some "in-document search" as well just in the next 8-10 years  :)

Looks like you've been waiting for a while :D

Yes... seems only a few people are using evernote for systematic high-volume text storage?

Does the majority just use the webclipper to save webpages or receipts, family photos, brainstorming into 10 word/notes and MS Word documents?

Come'n, seriously? Am I the only one who miss the very fundamental and basic feature from EN?

• Level 5*

Yes... seems only a few people are using evernote for systematic high-volume text storage?

Does the majority just use the webclipper to save webpages or receipts, family photos, brainstorming into 10 word/notes and MS Word documents?

Come'n, seriously? Am I the only one who miss the very fundamental and basic feature from EN?

You are not alone! I have to admit that this is a key feature for me that makes Evernote on Android pretty difficult to use. I have a massive amount of textual data, and it is quite difficult to navigate without this feature, which is available on the iOS version (not working well at the moment, but at least it tries).

Hopefully, we'll see this sooner rather than later.

I too miss this feature in E ernote foe Android. In the app for Windows it is possible to searchwithin a document by using CTRL-F. Unfortunately this doesnt work on my Galaxy Tab (Android 4.4.4).

Search within text is a BASIC function in any wordprocessing app!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted · Hidden by jefito, September 3, 2014 - Repeated post (one of at least 4). Citing rule as spam per 5 of Forum Rules

Archived