Rotate photo from iphone

I took a picture of some notes. emailed them from my iphone. The picture shows upside down in evernote. Cannot figure out how to rotate. I tried the edit on my iphone. Rotating it there doesn't seem to work. It says save. I save, i send, same results.

There are two places that it could work to change the orientation. On evernote, and from the phone. Any ideas i would much appreciate it. OregonUser

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5

It's a pain but it can be fixed on the phone.

Tap on the photo.

Tap the share button in the lower left, and "Save Image"

Open the photo in the iphone photos app and click edit.

In there you can use the rotate control fix the rotation and save it.

Then go back to evernote and you can delete the existing photo, and attach the edited one from the "camera roll".

It would be handy if Evernote added a rotate tool to the existing/new photo markup tools in the Evernote Client.

• 1 month later...

On a Mac, with the newest osx you can do the following:

Send the picture as a message to your message account.

Open the message on the Mac.

Double click the message.

Select "open in Preview" on the opened message.

In Preview,  Select All   Cmd-A

Then Copy   Cmd-C

Paste into Evernote  Cmd-V

• 2 months later...

In OSX, Control click on the photo in the Evernote app, then 'Open With' the Preview app.

Rotate the image using Preview (gesture on a trackpad is easiest) and then click Save in the Preview File menu. 

The photo is saved in Evernote. Then just sync your changes.

• 2 months later...

Yes please - really frustrating there is no rotate. Making sure that the home button is on the right doesn't always work - for example if you're photographing a document that is flat on a table, then you naturally hold the phone horizontally above it, and the phone then has no reference as to which is the top or bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, if you tap the picture it opens up the tools options.  At the top of the screen are three circles "ooo".  If you tap this it allows you to rotate the picture.  Works on an Iphone and Ipad not sure where else.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I appreciate the assistance here as I too am experiencing this annoying feature.  Initially, Evernote took photos the right way up as you would expect but all of a sudden it changed.

I use the Android 4 and sometimes, I have a rotate option with the photo and sometimes I don't.  

Today I don't see it as per the useful solutions below.

I have emailed support but no answer for 3 days so I am not expecting one now.

If I save the photo as per cwb's solution, I can't rotate it there either and yet, once I could.

Is this a force to purchase before your trial period is up I wonder?

Any ideas anyone might have are welcome at this point as the handy evernote is becoming painful to use now.

Thanks!

Regards,

Quez

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I appreciate the assistance here as I too am experiencing this annoying feature.  Initially, Evernote took photos the right way up as you would expect but all of a sudden it changed.

I use the Android 4 and sometimes, I have a rotate option with the photo and sometimes I don't.  

Today I don't see it as per the useful solutions below.

I have emailed support but no answer for 3 days so I am not expecting one now.

If I save the photo as per cwb's solution, I can't rotate it there either and yet, once I could.

Is this a force to purchase before your trial period is up I wonder?

Any ideas anyone might have are welcome at this point as the handy evernote is becoming painful to use now.

Thanks!

Regards,

Quez

Hello,

Please contact support via the links below.  We don't have an official support email address so its not clear where your emailed questions went.  Your problem should be solvable, we just need to understand what you are trying to take pictures of and which camera mode you are using.

• 5 months later...

Same problem! Please fix!

Scenario: Take photo on iOS Camera (saved to camera roll). Copy photo via AirDrop (or cable and Mac App "Image Capture") to your Mac. Correct displayed in Finder / Preview / etc. Drag'n drop images into Evernote. Rotation issue visible.

• 2 years later...

Archived