(Archived) What happened to my old Skitch notes?

ruben.san

Hi, before the new version I had some drawings made with Skitch synced to my Evernote account. I usually needed to change them, so when I need to add or delete something from the drawing, i used Skitch for iOS, made the changes and they were synced back with my Evernote account.

With the new version I can't find the way to continue doing this. I am able to save a drawing to Evernote from The Skitch app, but once this is done, can't find the way to edit it again. I can't open a previosuly created drawing from the Skitch app either.

Is this supposed to work like that now? If so, it looks like a downgrade more than an update...

@ruben.san - Yes, this is by design. We removed the overhead of Evernote note management and syncing from the Skitch app in order to make it faster and more lightweight. Skitch's emphasis is now back to where it was, which is fast image capture and markup. Evernote is a save destination (much like Facebook is an option).

If you wish to re-annotate a saved note you have several options:

1. Open up your Evernote app; find your image; tap on it and select markup to re-annotate an image
  2. Open up your Evernote app; find your image; and then either copy & paste into Skitch, or do an open with and select Skitch
  3. If you are using a Mac (or Windows) version of Evernote you can chose to Open with into Skitch on the Mac, or using the latest Beta of the Mac client annotate right in the Mac app.

1. Open up your Evernote app; find your image; tap on it and select markup to re-annotate an image
  2. Open up your Evernote app; find your image; and then either copy & paste into Skitch, or do an open with and select Skitch
  3. If you are using a Mac (or Windows) version of Evernote you can chose to Open with into Skitch on the Mac, or using the latest Beta of the Mac client annotate right in the Mac app.

How do I do an open with?

ruben.san - Sorry I mis-wrote in my original reply. I should have said you can do an Open With from other apps. Evernote does not have an "Open with" action for images. You can copy and paste it into Skitch, or simply use the Markup tools inside of Evernote.

Archived