(Archived) Evernote Touch 2.1.1 Beta 2

dlu

Hello folks!

We've been working on Windows 8.1 and have something for 8.1 users to try. We have more functionality for Reminders. They should work well on the Hub page, Notes page and the Note Editor page.

We have instructions to install the beta and the link to download 2.1.1 Beta 2
If you have Windows 8 Pro, please use the file that ends in Win32.zip.  If you're using Windows RT on an ARM device, please use the file ending in ARM.zip.

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also waiting on a well running version for my surface 2 (Windows 8.1 RT)!

The Version 2.1.1.28 can currently not be used productively. :-(

It does not run smoothly and crashes very frequently!

If you need a more detailed Feedback, please give instruction, what you need.

Otherwise, I'm really curious what you're doing with Evernote Touch.

It is a bit disappointing that no one from Evernote responds. :-/

We do read everything, sorry for the silence but we don't always respond.

We're looking in to it, we've done a few rounds of stability and are planning another

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on an update?  I have a surface 2 and just need to make notes in meetings etc.  I don't need all the features right now but do need to at least be able to take a note.  Any chance you can just make it not crash so I can take a note????

Pretty please...

Hello there,

Since I have my Surface RT I struggle with this fine app (not even the beta - just the official one from the MS AppStore).

I waited for some update - never came.
I waited for Win8.1RT - it came, but no improvement to the EN app.

Now it crashes every time I try to start the app.

I really would like to send you a full set of logfiles (Applog, Eventlog, WERfile) but the form on your support page only let me attach graphic files.

To be frank, I don't have the impression, EN support or developers really care about the Windows/Surface/RT app, what is disappointing :(

As a long time Premium user of Evernote on Windows 7, I was appalled when I tried this app on Windows 8.1 (MS Surface Pro).

It took over 8 hours to sync my 4,400 notes (~1GB) - which is 7:45 hrs longer than it takes on Windows 7. 

During the initial sync, Evernote Touch was too unresponsive to use (over 1 min lag between issuing a touch command and it responds).

After sync...I find the functionality is very low compared to the Windows 7 client, and it's painfully slow.

I'd come to count on Evernote as one of my trusted tools under Windows 7. I'm trying to decide if I'll have to abandon Evernote for something else now that I'm in Windows 8.1. 

Sure wish the Evernote Touch app for Windows 8 worked better. 

It is a bit disappointing that no one from Evernote responds. :-/

We do read everything, sorry for the silence but we don't always respond.

We're looking in to it, we've done a few rounds of stability and are planning another

Are there any news in the meantime?

I'm also available as an early tester!   ;-)

I look forward to hear from you!

• 1 month later...

Archived