(Archived) Evernote without the Cloud?

I am one of those people who does not like "the cloud". I use cloud storage in extremely limited situations. I do not like others having access to my data. Is it possible to use Evernote without the cloud sharing/syncing feature? I currently use OneNote and really like the fact that I do not have to allow my data to be stored on a central server, yet if I do on occasion want to create a shared file, I can place it in my dropbox folder which I can encrypt with TrueCrypt. Is it possible to do something along this lines with Evernote? All of the documention I find shows that cloud syncing with their servers is a "Feature" which is exactly what I do not want.

I am one of those people who does not like "the cloud". I use cloud storage in extremely limited situations. I do not like others having access to my data. Is it possible to use Evernote without the cloud sharing/syncing feature? I currently use OneNote and really like the fact that I do not have to allow my data to be stored on a central server, yet if I do on occasion want to create a shared file, I can place it in my dropbox folder which I can encrypt with TrueCrypt. Is it possible to do something along this lines with Evernote? All of the documention I find shows that cloud syncing with their servers is a "Feature" which is exactly what I do not want.

If you use the Mac or Windows desktop client, you can have local/non-sync'd notebooks.  You do have to set up an account and have at least one sync'd notebook.  (After all, the cloud is what EN is about.)  But after that, you can have as many local notebooks as you wish.

Archived