How can I disable the reminder notifications in Android?

I set up sync between Evernote reminders and Remember the Milk, so now I have both apps (RTM & Evernote) push notifications when the reminder time arrives.

I prefer using only Remember the Milk to manage reminders, but I can't find a way to disable the notifications from the Evernote app...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This not a response to any specific poster. I just quoted the most recent one with text to clarify what I'm saying...

You can, as far as I know, disable the reminder on android, but it's a teeny bit labour intensive if you have a lot of them. Open any Note with the reminder alarm currently on, Tap the Alarm Clock icon. That should bring up three option, one of which is Remove Reminder. Tap that choice to turn it off.

This is done on a per Note basis, so you'd have to repeat it for every one you used the Reminder feature in. It will *not* delete or change your notes in any way, so no worries there. Just remember to Sync *before* closing the app! (I tend to manually Sync every single time I so much as open a note, whether I edit it or not. I'm a wee bit OCD that way.

There is not for the moment. 

We made the assumption that people wouldn't use reminders on Android if they didn't want a notification. 

It's added to the wish list, thanks for the feedback. 

Thanks for the feedback, and +1 for this feature

In my case, reminder feature in Evernote is great to my daily work on my Mac. The point is that I use Android app as a platform backup for my notes (to use it in travels, casual access...) and I do not want to be notificated in Android for each reminder fired on current day.

cheers!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 on this... I use Evernote on multiple devices but I don't need to be notified of due reminders on every device separately, so having the option to switch off notifications on  a per-device basis would be great.

• Level 5*

You can, as far as I know, disable the reminder on android, but it's a teeny bit labour intensive if you have a lot of them. Open any Note with the reminder alarm currently on, Tap the Alarm Clock icon. That should bring up three option, one of which is Remove Reminder. Tap that choice to turn it off.

This is done on a per Note basis, so you'd have to repeat it for every one you used the Reminder feature in. It will *not* delete or change your notes in any way, so no worries there. Just remember to Sync *before* closing the app! (I tend to manually Sync every single time I so much as open a note, whether I edit it or not. I'm a wee bit OCD that way. )

Interesting. I just tried this out, and it seems that clearing the reminder in EN does NOT sever the link between RTM and EN. So updates to the note in EN or the task title in RTM do get transmitted to the other app.

One area where this solution is less than ideal is if you change the due date in RTM, that re-enables the reminder in EN, so if you still didn't want an Android notification, you'd have to repeat the process of clearing the reminder in EN.

• 2 months later...

+1

Something about the sync between Remember the Milk and Evernote was causing me to get reminders at midnight on my Android devices, probably because I didn't set a time on the due date. I really don't want to be notified at all, I just want to set a due date in Evernote and have it set the same due date in RTM. I've looked everywhere in the Android app for a place to turn off notifications without avail. Essentially, I don't need the reminder feature; I need a due date feature.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I support being able to disable reminders on a per-device basis. In my case I use my mobile device (Android) to capture information (photos, business cards etc) for Evernote, but I don't want any reminders there as I use the desktop app for seeing what's coming up next for me to do. My phone is buzzing away all day with reminders and adding noise among other notifications that I really need, like text messages. It's actually reducing my productivity, as I always have to check the phone, which is a shame because Evernote has generally helped increased it in other ways. Please Evernote team, add this simple option to turn off reminder notifications. 

• 1 month later...

I support being able to disable reminders on a per-device basis. In my case I use my mobile device (Android) to capture information (photos, business cards etc) for Evernote, but I don't want any reminders there as I use the desktop app for seeing what's coming up next for me to do. My phone is buzzing away all day with reminders and adding noise among other notifications that I really need, like text messages. It's actually reducing my productivity, as I always have to check the phone, which is a shame because Evernote has generally helped increased it in other ways. Please Evernote team, add this simple option to turn off reminder notifications. 

I've just been poking around and stumbled across the system option to allow turning off notifications for a particular app. On Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Go to Settings -> Application Manager -> Evernote. Untick box at the top for "Show notifications". 

Simple enough to do, but not where I was expecting to have to make that change. Still would be better to have the option built into Evernote app. But for now I'm happy!

I've just been poking around and stumbled across the system option to allow turning off notifications for a particular app. On Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Go to Settings -> Application Manager -> Evernote. Untick box at the top for "Show notifications". 

Simple enough to do, but not where I was expecting to have to make that change. Still would be better to have the option built into Evernote app. But for now I'm happy!

+1 from me, too. HOWEVER, also found a similar setting on my Motorola:

Settings  -->  Apps  -->  Evernote  -->  Un-check 'Show notifications'

Thanks 'cjmnz'!

Archived