[Mac: v5.3.0] Creating notes with AppleScript fails.

palobo

Idea

Hi,

I have a couple of workflows that rely on AppleScript. They've been working fine but seems as though some recent update has broken AppleScript again.

Even the most basic of scripts returns the same error, time and time again: Evernote got an error: AppleEvent handler failed.

To replicate, all you need is:

tell application id "com.evernote.Evernote"   create note with text "test note"end tell

Cheers,

Pedro

4 replies to this idea

Hi Pedro,

Your script runs for me with no errors. What OS and Evernote versions are you using?

I'm running the latest version of both OS 10.8 and Evernote. Working now. It must have been some corrupt file. A clean uninstall/install fixed it. Sorry for the fall alarm.

Cheers,

Pedro

I have the same problem, but don't get the solution.  You mean clean uninstall/install of Evernote?  Using the apple store version, but don't love it at all.  Would moving to the Evernote version help?

I have the same problem, but don't get the solution.  You mean clean uninstall/install of Evernote?  Using the apple store version, but don't love it at all.  Would moving to the Evernote version help?

Yes, I think you will find the Direct download from Evernote will work better than the App Store version.

Archived