IOS7 Document Camera notes completely messed up.....

Steve Brigden

Idea

So, I love the document camera notes, and use them every day......

Imagine my surprise when I take images of five pages of notes from today's meetings and instead of being saved in the normal order of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 they appear in my stored note in the somewhat random order of 4, 2, 5, 1, 3........  

Testing with another three page document the pages appear in the order 3, 1, 2.......

Testing with another four page document the pages appear in the order 2, 3, 1, 4.......

Even the random order of display is completely random!!!!!

And while I'm at it, why is the image on the camera now hidden behind the stupidly large controls at the bottom? How do you know if you have got the entire page in shot other than pure luck? This appears to be an issue with the 4S and older - perhaps the app is designed for the iPhone 5 only?

13 replies to this idea

I too am pretty frustrated with the documents snap shot view - the order doesn't make any sense to me as it displays the latest photo first instead of the first photo taken with subsequent photos that were taken afterwards immediately following.

As with Mike and Steve, this is a pretty big issue for me as well!

I've got a case open with Evernote support on this. It has been forwarded to their developers to look at, but no idea on how long they will take before they look at it. I'll post back here as and when I hear anything from them. I'm a Premium user so in theory my support request will be higher up the list (fingers crossed!).

All,

Evernote have just released a new version of the IOS app in order to support their new 'Post-It' relationship - the great news is that the page order issue appears to be fixed in this release. EN Support pointed me to it. You can get it from the App Store now.

To me, the image quality also appears better, so @jdriggs it may solve your problem too? Hope so!

I've also noticed that each note has for its little uploading tag back so that you know when each new note has been sync'd. I'm guessing there are some other little tweeks too.

Anyway, good news is that the image ordering issue appears to be solved.

Hurrah!

Looking for confirmation that it's not just me!

I used to use the Evernote/Moleskine app for my handwritten notes. I stopped for a while, but now have reason to go back to it. In the interim I changed to IOS7.

I'm certain that before the document camera frame (with the greyed out area) fit the Moleskine page size perfectly; now it doesn't. Has IOS7 changed to a generic page camera, for any document? In which case what is the benefit of the exorbitant cost of buying the specific Moleskine notebooks?

On my Evernote camera I have 3 options: 'POST-IT NOTE'; 'PHOTO'; "DOCUMENT'. I can move from one to the other without a problem. Which is the one for Moleskine? The 'POST-IT NOTE' frame fits the Post-It notes just fine.

Is the Evernote/Moleskine collaboration now defunct?

I am a Premium user; where can we get advice?

Smacks of a rip-off!

than you for any thoughts/suggestions on this.

@LittleLewy I'm guessing you have an iPhone older than a 5? I think what has happened is that Evernote have designed the version to best fit the 5 which is taller and so on the older phones, like my 4S, the bottom section that contains the camera button partially obscures the image. It is a real nuisance as you have to guess what it going to be in shot, but it does still work.

Hopefully they will fix it in a later release, but in the meantime I'm still using it and it works fine.

I also noticed the guide box on the document camera is not the correct aspect ratio for the moleskine page.  I asked support for a feature request to add a moleskine option to the camera settings, and I encourage anyone else who is using these notebooks to do the same.

Here is the response to my ticket on this subject 101953 opened in August of 2013.  I guess we will have to start using the year in our notes....

I'm using Android's Multishot camera of the latest version....

Hello evernote_frey,

Thanks for reaching out to Evernote support. I apologize for any inconvenience.

I am so sorry you have had to write back in regarding this.

The photos being out of order is actually by design. A note in Evernote will order the photos based on their file size, not the order in which they were taken or loaded. There is no way to currently change this.

As you know, they were entered before as bugs, but are now seen as requests. We have been told by developers this is by design.

I am sorry you have waited so long to find this out.

Sincerely,

Dusty
Evernote

The idea the the order of the photos is, "by design," in the order of size and not the order taken is very strange. It undercuts the whole purpose of the feature's function. Even the most basic scanning app in the App Store gets the order right. To release this feature without basic functionality is unwise and frustrating to users. I know that eventually you guys will nail it, but for now it's probably best to scan in another program, such as scanner pro, and then import into evernote.

Archived