Chrome Packaged App Request

With the recent developments of Chrome and ChromeOS now incorporating packaged apps that allow for offline data and more.

I cannot believe that this is a major or heavy implementation, with the increase in Chromebooks and Chrome usage and the direction that Google is toying with I think this is an essential product offering from a business perspective.

I have played with Keep and while it is a great product and offers this functionality I prefer Evernote as its a focused app and not at the mercy of Google in terms of product 'life cycling'.

Is this a feature Evernote plan to implement? I would even be happy to sign up for a paid account in order to access Evernote in my browser, this way I can ditch yet another desktop App on my Mac :)

I strongly second this request. Given that Evernote already has such a solid web app, it'd be really good to turn this into a Chrome Packaged app.

With the new Chrome 31 (dev channel), Chrome is actually going to place launchers in the native OSes, so I think this would really be a great way for Evernote to jump on this new Chrome platform!

I am a Evernote Premium user and would love to see Evernote on Chrome!

• Level 5*

Is this a feature Evernote plan to implement? I would even be happy to sign up for a paid account in order to access Evernote in my browser, this way I can ditch yet another desktop App on my Mac :)

Evernote does not usually comment on future development plans, so I wouldn't expect that.
  • 3 months later...

Please add another vote! We've been an Evernote shop for years, and love your stuff, but as we're retiring our Windows machines, they're being replaced more and more by Chromebooks, and the occasional Linux workstation, neither of which has native Evernote support.

The EN web app is pretty decent (and getting better all the time), but things like offline editing & access aren't possible, whereas they would be with a (platform independent) packaged Chrome app.

More and more, it seems we're depending on your web app, and your (excellent) Android app, but would really love to get back to true cross-platform native support (Wunderlist did a really great job with their packaged Chrome app, as a reference).

I'd also like to add another vote for releasing an Evernote Chrome Packaged App. As Director of IT for a K-12 school we recently made the decision to bring Chromebooks into our environment in big ways. Computing is changing (especially in EDU) and I'd love to see Evernote continue to keep pace and be a spotlight example of the power of Chrome and the Web in the classroom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've seen similar topic some years ago, but in that time, Chromebook market share was pretty ridiculous. Now, how does it look like in 2014?

Google's Chromebooks were two of the three best selling laptops at Amazon this holiday season. (http://www.businessinsider.com/googles-chromebooks-amazon-best-sellers-2013-12#ixzz2veuMPHgt) and new Asus Chromebox is already Amazon’s #1 best-selling desktop computer (http://chromespot.com/2014/03/09/buy-asus-chromebox-amazon-newegg-tigerdirect/).

Next thing is - if Evernote would make native version for Chrome, you can use it with your Chrome browser as well (if you don't want full desktop app).

To me, it makes perfect sense to begin with support for Chrome OS. I stopped using Evernote about half a year ago, but I just miss that app. Unfortunately, web version is terrible (comparing to iOS, Android, Mac and Windows version) so I would really love to hear that Chrome OS version is on the to-do list...

• 3 months later...

I'm a paid customer of Evernote, and I'm likely going to discontinue my subscription soon. Working in public schools that run Google Apps, Chrome has absolutely taken over as an operating system students use regularly--especially in schools where there is one device per student. Evernote works great on my Mac, but the Web-only function is useless for my students. They need something they can use anywhere--even where there is no internet. Please develop an offline, packaged app for Chrome OS.

• 1 month later...

Archived