(Archived) (Archived) iOS7 better, but not as perfect as it was

madtho

I'm thrilled that the crazy 'stacks of folders' version is gone in favor of a slight return to a sidebar navigation. I am still bothered/confused by decisions that the Evernote team makes:

- Nested tags: desktop and web version has them, ios does not. Over the years I've created tons of tags nested into categories. These are useless on ios. Evernote should be one system, not different systems on different devices.

- in the same vein, I finally gave in to the new paradigm (after spending most of the last year in Clever HD) and created a whole mess of shortcuts for my most used nested tags. The new sidebar has shortcuts 2 clicks away. Better than nothing, I suppose, but 2 clicks does not a shortcut make.

I wonder if there are actual productivity/efficiency experts on the Evernote staff? They seem very keen on adding, rearranging 'features' while making the product more difficult to use for its intended purpose. That said. It's till the most comprehensive product of its kind, and I've been looking, hard, for replacements.

Archived