How do I transfer notebooks to another account?

I've recently open a new gmail account as my primary account. And I don't plan on using the services I registered with my previous account. So my question is how can I transfer my notebooks to a new evernote account, I don't plan on using this current one anymore. If theres any other way than copying and pasting notes one-by-one, please let me know.

I've recently open a new gmail account as my primary account. And I don't plan on using the services I registered with my previous account. So my question is how can I transfer my notebooks to a new evernote account, I don't plan on using this current one anymore. If theres any other way than copying and pasting notes one-by-one, please let me know.

Following on from @catbert, open up Evernote Web, click on the drop-down with your name on it and select Account Settings/Security/Change email.

Might be easier than trying to migrate the account per se.

There's another question. Yesterday I've created a test account in Evernote. I made an export of all of my notebooks (including notes) from my main account using the enex format. Then I logged in to my test account and made an import of my enex file. Sure, all of my notes were imported successfully BUT the trees of my notebook stacks were lost. Is there a hidden option to export the tree structure with my notes or is that impossible actually?

There's another question. Yesterday I've created a test account in Evernote. I made an export of all of my notebooks (including notes) from my main account using the enex format. Then I logged in to my test account and made an import of my enex file. Sure, all of my notes were imported successfully BUT the trees of my notebook stacks were lost. Is there a hidden option to export the tree structure with my notes or is that impossible actually?

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/25940-howto-importing-enex-file-with-folders/

Additionally, any/all note links will no longer work, since the imported notes will have new GUIDs.

Thanks BurgersNFries for your quick answer. Okay, it's a limitation as i found in your provided link. It is like it is. But I wonder a bit. I am pretty sure, that all informations about notebooks are already stored actually in our notes.

You need the noteID, the notebookID (where the note is stored) and the parent notebookID from parent notebook. Thats all whats you need to recreate the structure. I am not a developer or programmer but I'm pretty sure, that they build our notebook stacks actually in this way. If they would include this informations in an export file..... But as i said: It is like it is.

Thanks BurgersNFries for your quick answer. Okay, it's a limitation as i found in your provided link. It is like it is. But I wonder a bit. I am pretty sure, that all informations about notebooks are already stored actually in our notes.

You need the noteID, the notebookID (where the note is stored) and the parent notebookID from parent notebook. Thats all whats you need to recreate the structure. I am not a developer or programmer but I'm pretty sure, that they build our notebook stacks actually in this way. If they would include this informations in an export file..... But as i said: It is like it is.

I suspect the info is not in the note itself b/c IME, that would not make sense.  What I suspect is that there is an "alternate sort" file/table that retains that info by GUID.  Since the newly imported notes are assigned a new GUID, that table is no longer valid.  And since the use case is probably a small population, the notebook asssignment is  something they have not incorporated into the export.  There could be other considerations in addition to time (IE if the notebook does not exist in the target account, should a new notebook be made or the notes merged into an existing notebook?  If the new notes are to be merged into an existing notebook, they need to retain this information for all the subsequent notes assigned to that notebook or else the user will have to be specifying this for the other notes being imported & assigned to the same notebook...which could be a LOT of ntoes.  If  a new notebook is to be made, what if the account has already maxxed out their 250 notebooks/stack?  These situations would need to be accommodated.)  At least they have incorporated the tags which is more functional since each note can have multiple tags.  OTOH, each note is only assigned to one notebook & the user can pretty handily get around this by either exporting by individual notebooks or assigning tags designating the notebook.

• 6 months later...

Since there has been a lott of breakins in the web. Big companys ect. I bought a 3 terrabite external drive. Well I stored everything but my evernote notes. They Changed something.

There was a program that did this, but since the change I cant't move anything.

Maximo Cruz

Since there has been a lott of breakins in the web. Big companys ect. I bought a 3 terrabite external drive. Well I stored everything but my evernote notes. They Changed something.

There was a program that did this, but since the change I cant't move anything.

Maximo Cruz

This thread is about moving notes from one Evernote account to another. 

If you are trying to move the location of your database for a Windows desktop client, you can still do this...the same way it's been for several years, nothing has changed.  (Tools/options/general tab.) There was no separate program to do this.   I think you can move the location of the database on the Mac desktop client but I am not sure & cannot tell you how.  Please search the board, if you need more info.

Additionally, simply moving your local database has no impact on what you store in the cloud.  If you want to remove all your Evernote notes from the cloud, you simply need to move all the notes out of a sync'd notebook to a local/non-sync'd notebook, then sync those changes to the EN cloud.

Archived