(Archived) (Archived) iOS 7 Camera Note

Whistlerdan

I'm really confused about using the camera in the iOS7 app.  When you hit the camera button, about 1/4 of the camera's view is obscured by the camera controls meaning you never really know exaclty what's going to be in your photo as you can only frame the left-hand 3/4 of the image.

Am I missing something here or doing something wrong?  This just seems proposterous...... and yet everything else is so well designed...

Page Camera - Not working at all?

I also see the word 'document' off to the right hand side, as if I'm supposed to swipe over to turn on the document imager but no amount of swiping or tapping actually gets anything to happen and only the work 'photo' stays illuminated.

I stumbled on to the way to switch the camera mode to "document" mode.  Swipe your finger from left to right across the image part of the screen.  Yes, this is goofy.  I suspect this this is an artifact of the iOS7 UI and not specific to Evernote.

Totally agree. The document camera feature is completely messed up in this release.

Scrolling to get the document camera I can cope with, but why is the screen image obscured by the controls so you don't know what you are taking a picture of? Or is the image actually a much smaller and stranger over-square shape in the new app?

Also - the flash is set to off by default...... the images are soooo much better with the flash on (as it was on the last 'all new' version of EN when this feature was introduced).

And the response of the app is rubbish....

And when I take photos of five pages in a single document instead of saving in the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 order they are stored in the order 4, 2, 5, 1, 3........  WTF!!!

Did nobody test this feature with the new release????????

Swipe your finger from left to right across the image part of the screen. 

Thanks so much for the observation - I got the document camera to come up by accident a time or two, but couldn't recreate how I did it - your observation is a lifesaver!

However, my experience is that the swipe in the the image area is from right to left....

Are you talking about the camera tool inside Evernote, or in Apple's camera app?

In Evernote, you do swipe from right to left to get from regular photo frame to document frame.  This is similar to navigating elsewhere in iOS, where you swipe to go forward or back in web pages, photos, camera settings, etc.  It's intuitive if you do those other things in iOS.  When you swipe into the document frame the flash automatically comes on and stays on.  At least this is how it's working on my iPhone 5S.  Maybe it doesn't work as well in older iOS devices?

Edited to add: the camera tools don't cover up any part of the photo in either regular or document frames on my iPhone...

Edited to add: the camera tools don't cover up any part of the photo in either regular or document frames on my iPhone...

Interesting. Then I reckon that the screen is optimised for the iPhone 5 and not the older 4S which I have. Smaller screen on the 4S means that some of the image is covered by the control panel.

:-(

Archived