(Archived) Export to CD/DVD?

MrsOneWattle

I love Evernote and use it all the time, I'd now like to use it to keep an (electronic) research journals for my photography degree modules.  However, our e-journals have to be hand-in-able, on CD/DVD/USB so that they can't be changed before our hand-ins are moderated.  I've tried using "Export to multiple web pages" for a notebook, but it loses all the structure, it just produces a list of hyperlinked individual notes - there are no subfolders as there were originally in my Evernote notebook.  This makes the progression, development and organisation of ideas/research/projects etc disappear, useless for my hand-in.  Is there any way to save or export a notebook/s and retain the structure I originally created?

I love Evernote and use it all the time, I'd now like to use it to keep an (electronic) research journals for my photography degree modules. However, our e-journals have to be hand-in-able, on CD/DVD/USB so that they can't be changed before our hand-ins are moderated. I've tried using "Export to multiple web pages" for a notebook, but it loses all the structure, it just produces a list of hyperlinked individual notes - there are no subfolders as there were originally in my Evernote notebook. This makes the progression, development and organisation of ideas/research/projects etc disappear, useless for my hand-in. Is there any way to save or export a notebook/s and retain the structure I originally created?

Evernote does not have sub folders. It does have stacks which do not contain notes & only group notebooks. IME, EN exports notes in the order they are displayed in the search results screen. So if you want them exported in a particular order, you will need to create a scenario where they appear in the search results screen in the order you want them exported.

• Level 5*

I think I would probably combine all the notes in the order I wanted them (being sure to restore the individual notes from the trash if I needed them), and then do some considerable editing of the style in a word-processing program. Not the best solution, but Evernote is not an outlining program. Also, as BNF said, Evernote does not have sub-folders.

It is important to understand the best usage of each program before you get too far along with a project. Remember that Evernote is fundamentally a database. As such, there are considerable limitations on the formatting and editing you can do within the program. You need to export in a rough format that will work for you, then put it into a format for your examiner. Microsoft Word also use to have problems with merging several large documents into one enormous document - I don't know if this has improved of late because I haven't needed to use that capability. Check out master/sub-documents in the help files for your program.

Good luck with your degree.

Archived