(Archived) Deleting Recent and Saved Search entries in EN for iOS 7?

jschnur

• Level 5

Am I missing something, or has this feature been eliminated? There certainly needs to be some way to delete saved searches, if not recent searches.

Yes this feature has been 'streamlined away' as others. It is neither possible to save a search nor to delete saved searches.

Streamlined away?

I don't understand. The primary way I use Evernote is with a saved search that returns all notes with no tags, so that I know which notes need to be filed when I sit down to organize.

If saved searches are still a feature in the desktop app, why wouldn't the mobile app behave the same way?

Is there a new way that has been implemented or that is planned to replace this functionality?

I hate to be "that guy," but as much as I love and use Evernote for 80% of my productivity workflow, I will have to find another solution if the developers have determined that users who take advantage of this feature aren't important enough to accommodate.

• Level 5

Streamlined away?

I don't understand. The primary way I use Evernote is with a saved search that returns all notes with no tags, so that I know which notes need to be filed when I sit down to organize.

If saved searches are still a feature in the desktop app, why wouldn't the mobile app behave the same way?

Is there a new way that has been implemented or that is planned to replace this functionality?

I hate to be "that guy," but as much as I love and use Evernote for 80% of my productivity workflow, I will have to find another solution if the developers have determined that users who take advantage of this feature aren't important enough to accommodate.

It is still possible to use a saved search created in a another app that allows this. When you select the search field you see all your saved searches (and the recent ones). However, you cannot create a new or delete an existing search in the iOS app.

My previous saved search simply stopped working after updating, and there was no way to edit or remove it. That same search still works on desktop. When I created a new one using the desktop (hoping it was just a hiccup of updating), the new one did not show up on my phone at all.

Archived