(Archived) Multi-Tag Selection is still poor

Alino

Hello,

I use evernote for GTD, thesecretweapon.

I would like to point at poor multi tag selection in evernote 5 for windows.

for example, I hold CTRL, click on 2 tags to select them, they are selected now, that's fine, I am still holding CTRL and now I click on some notebook, to search those 2 tags in this notebook, and boom. My 2 tags get deselected!!!! This is so annoying, in version 4 it was just fine. Then you removed the functionality completely in version 5. And then you made another patch, where you put it back, but poorly. Please fix this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alino.

I can imagine it's a bit frustrating but you need to select your notebook first!

It's the same as if you were to write the search manually, you must start with the notebook first to identify the scope of your search, e.g. notebook:Personal tag:Birthdays. If you tried it vice versa, your search would return nothing e.g. tag:Birthdays notebook:Personal.

The same applies for clicking the tags/notebooks manually. It expects the notebook first.

I'm also using Evernote 5 on Windows.

Thanks for reply Mr. Bond.

Yeah it's totally frustrating, it's too bad I can't use this application the same way anymore as I could use it before version 5.

This was totally working in version 4 and I see no logical reason to make it this way as it is now, it appears to me as a BUG.

I often have selected about 5 tags, and then I need to change notebook but I need to keep those tags still selected but NOPE, it just gets all deselected and I must remeber which tags I had selected to reselect them ALL, this is not effective and it drains my focus and time, I need to work quick.

If I hold CTRL it should just select that damn notebook without deselecting my tags. If I wanted it to behave like this I wouldn't hold CTRL. Notebook selection doesn't give a f*** if you are holding CTRL.

I am not the only one with this who complains there are 2 of my collegues who hate this bug either.

I hope someone competent will get this message.

• Level 5*

I often have selected about 5 tags, and then I need to change notebook but I need to keep those tags still selected but NOPE, it just gets all deselected and I must remeber which tags I had selected to reselect them ALL, this is not effective and it drains my focus and time, I need to work quick.

One thing that you can do now -- once you've selected the tags that you want -- is to click on the little blue magnifying glass in the Search Explanation control which brings up the Saved Search Properties dialog. From there you can copy the tags, and use them to paste into the search control once you've selected a new notebook. This will at least save you from needing to remember and retype the tags.

One thing that you can do now -- once you've selected the tags that you want -- is to click on the little blue magnifying glass in the Search Explanation control which brings up the Saved Search Properties dialog. From there you can copy the tags, and use them to paste into the search control once you've selected a new notebook. This will at least save you from needing to remember and retype the tags.

Can this feature be used to copy/paste tags between nested tag groups?

• Level 5*

Can this feature be used to copy/paste tags between nested tag groups?
No.

Archived