(Archived) Presentation Mode: White box that won't go away

PaperQueen

Idea

Just updated and immediately tried Presentation Mode...but can't get it to function properly.

1. When I click on the Presentation Mode icon, I get a big, blank, white box with no content.

2. The only way to get rid of the big white box that fills nearly the entire screen is to quit the app--clicking the Presentation Mode icon (if you can get behind the big white box, to the EN screen) only brings it forward again. (See attachment, with little scraps of windows peeking out from behind the big white square.)

3. No mention of how we share this with a second screen that I can find. Apple TV? Physically wired?

I love the idea, just can't get it to work.

post-87072-0-27342200-1379614248_thumb.j

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5

We had an issue with our build servers yesterday that caused this problem.

Please make sure you're running build 401872 (From the Evernote menu select About Evernote)

If you're not running that version, please upgrade again.

Cool beans. Re-upgrading solved the big white box issue. Thanks.

Now...directions about how to share this on a second screen? Have searched high and low, but no luck.

I've tried using AirPlay on my MacBook Air to "throw" the Presentation window to Apple TV, but all I get on the TV is a black screen. After quitting AirPlay, then waiting a moment longer, the black screen disappears, and every move I made while in Presentation Mode suddenly flashes across the TV screen, hyper-speed, then reverts to the default ATV menu screen.

I know AirPlay is functioning properly, since all other apps I've tried using on it since then have performed as expected.'

Help, please?

• Level 5

Now...directions about how to share this on a second screen? Have searched high and low, but no luck.

I've tried using AirPlay on my MacBook Air to "throw" the Presentation window to Apple TV, but all I get on the TV is a black screen. After quitting AirPlay, then waiting a moment longer, the black screen disappears, and every move I made while in Presentation Mode suddenly flashes across the TV screen, hyper-speed, then reverts to the default ATV menu screen.

I know AirPlay is functioning properly, since all other apps I've tried using on it since then have performed as expected.'

How are you "throwing"?

It worked for me when I selected my Apple TV from the menu bar, then initiated presentation mode.

Did you do something different?

How are you "throwing"?

It worked for me when I selected my Apple TV from the menu bar, then initiated presentation mode.

Did you do something different?

Now that the update was updated (see above), Presentation Mode appears as a full-screen image on Apple TV, however....

The Evernote video introducing PM shows the TV screen with PM (full screen) while the presenter has the EN screen on the laptop, making is possible to type notes that appear on the TV.

When I (a.) select Apple TV from the menu bar, then (b.) initiate PM, both the laptop and the TV show identical images---the full screen PM "white board." There's no option to "un-mirror" (as you see in traditional projector connection set ups). Does that mean the ability to edit notes during a presentation is limited solely to physical, wired projector connections...? 

Oddly, I can't find a thing in the EN Help files that touches on actually using PM---just notes about its features.

• Level 5

The Evernote video introducing PM shows the TV screen with PM (full screen) while the presenter has the EN screen on the laptop, making is possible to type notes that appear on the TV.

When I (a.) select Apple TV from the menu bar, then (b.) initiate PM, both the laptop and the TV show identical images---the full screen PM "white board." There's no option to "un-mirror" (as you see in traditional projector connection set ups). Does that mean the ability to edit notes during a presentation is limited solely to physical, wired projector connections...? 

If you look closely (at around the 44 second mark), you'll see that the laptop is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable.

Future versions of MacOS may allow you use Airplay as a second monitor, but for right now it only supports mirroring.

Sorry.

Thanks for the additional info, Adjusting.

Wish this was more clear / up front, since the promo video gives the distinct impression this is super-convenient for small group settings. Unfortunately, not all small group settings = wired, well-appointed conference rooms that provide rear projector wall screens. 

I love EN....but would love it more if there was documentation in the Help pages that extended beyond touting selling points. We need to know feature limitations and how to work with them.  :)

Archived