(Archived) ios7 Sync questions

tylordurton

Hi guys,

I am really liking the new features and redesign of evernote (50/50 on the colours) but functionality is great.

I do have a quick question I'm hoping somebody can assist with regarding the sync feature. I am finding that after updating a note on my work laptop evernote and syncing it's not replicating on my iphone.

I have tried several forced sync's on the iphone, sometimes the front screen preview note will show the update but once you click to access the note it reverts to the previous version (prior to the update).

I know the new ios7 now has background sync but surely a forced sync will push all updates through?

Kind Regards

Tylor

I have same problem after updated IOS 7 . All my data didn't show on my Iphone even I am synchronize it .

I have exactly the same problem as we'll. After upgrading to iOS7 and the new version of Evernote, I can only see only one note on my iPad, even I sync it for many times.... Is there a fix?

I have seen a lot of threads suggesting a reinstallo to fix the ipad issue (not showing any notes) however this is not the issue I see.

I have tried a reinstall but I am still finding a lag between syncing from the desktop to the iphone after forced syncs, I am also still seeing the evernote preview (in app) windows showing the correct update but when clicking into the note it's the previous version prior to being updated.

Does anybody know what frequency the new background sync is configured for?

• 2 weeks later...

I am also wondering what exactly 'background sync' means. I assumed that if I modified a note on my Mac, it would, eventually, make it to the iOS app without me having to open it. Then I wouldn't have to worry about opening and syncing before I leave the house/wifi. I understand that background sync clusters together data transfers, but I in once case I didn't open the app in over a day and it still hadn't synced even though it was 'running'. Also, I gather that iOS 7 learns what you use and background syncs appropriately. 

If this is the case then I'm not sure if iOS 7 itself is to blame, the Evernote backend, or the Evernote app. You would think it would at least attempt a sync once every few hours if there is new data available. I hope they will work it out sooner rather than later. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having issues as well.

• When I add a note on my desktop it shows up just fine on my iPhone 5s running iOS 7.03
  • When I edit a note on my desktop the changes do not show up in the note on my iPhone.  However, I have my notes sorted by date updated and the edited note shows up as updated today even though the note contents have not been updated.
  • If I edit a note on the iPhone, the edit shows up on my desktop.
  • Level 5*

• When I add a note on my desktop it shows up just fine on my iPhone 5s running iOS 7.03
  • When I edit a note on my desktop the changes do not show up in the note on my iPhone.  However, I have my notes sorted by date updated and the edited note shows up as updated today even though the note contents have not been updated.

try pressing note created then note updated to resort. also, take a look at recent notes on your home. the sort (no matter what i have originally selected) defaults to date created (checkmark is on date updated, though) for me. it is a bug with the sort, not syncing, i think.

try pressing note created then note updated to resort. also, take a look at recent notes on your home. the sort (no matter what i have originally selected) defaults to date created (checkmark is on date updated, though) for me. it is a bug with the sort, not syncing, i think.

Thanks for the reply, however my problem is not with the sort but rather the fact that the edited notes are not being updated on my phone.  I was only pointing out that the phone knows the note has been updated since it is showing up in the proper place in the sort, it just is not actually updating the note.

• Level 5*

• When I edit a note on my desktop the changes do not show up in the note on my iPhone. However, I have my notes sorted by date updated and the edited note shows up as updated today even though the note contents have not been updated.

Thanks for the reply, however my problem is not with the sort but rather the fact that the edited notes are not being updated on my phone. I was only pointing out that the phone knows the note has been updated since it is showing up in the proper place in the sort, it just is not actually updating the note.
I see. I misunderstood the problem then. Have you forced a sort (I think you'll press elephant icon, then your name, and then "sync now")?

• When I edit a note on my desktop the changes do not show up in the note on my iPhone. However, I have my notes sorted by date updated and the edited note shows up as updated today even though the note contents have not been updated.
Thanks for the reply, however my problem is not with the sort but rather the fact that the edited notes are not being updated on my phone. I was only pointing out that the phone knows the note has been updated since it is showing up in the proper place in the sort, it just is not actually updating the note.
I see. I misunderstood the problem then. Have you forced a sort (I think you'll press elephant icon, then your name, and then "sync now")?

I forced a sync, cleared the cache, and forced a sync again.  Notes are still showing up in their original version, not their current edited version.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Hey guys,

I found closing the Evernote app on the ios7 ipad will allow it to sync.

If there is a button, I have no idea where it is.  Tapping the elephant does not do it.

Reba

Hi. Please do not double-post. Tap the elephant, then tap your username, and then press the button marked "Sync Now."

Got the new desktop version today. Over to my iPad, and once again no sync.

Did a manual sync via elephant and my username.

Updated the time of latest sync, but didn't pick up any of the changes i made hours ago on the Mac.

Shut down iPad Evernote, restarted, still no sync.

Grrr.

I am not very interested in solutions that involve restarting my iPad or reinstalling Evernote every time i want to sync.

Willing to do so once, as i did last month.

Archived