Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luckman212

ios (Archived) EN for iOS 7: Title Search is Broken

On the new iOS 7 client (build 3030986) if you do a search such as:

c87847f4.png

It will only retreive notes whose title is exactly "homework". 

If the title is "important homework due tomorrow" the note will NOT be found.

Ouch.

Works correctly for me.

Intitle only works for exact searches. A search for intitle:journal will not find notes titled "journals." It never has (at least, it was never supposed to). intitle:"journal monday" finds all the notes it should.

[EDIT:] I am wrong. See below at http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/42536-en-for-ios-7-title-search-is-broken/?p=227603

My recollection is that the new Windows client is secretly fiddling with the search to add a wildcard to the search term, and that is why it is finding more stuff.

My recollection is that I also recommended that Evernote avoid mucking around with our searches (secretly or otherwise) because it confuses (and in my case, irritates) users. I am guessing that this is a case in point.

I also recollect that the search grammar says that this is case sensitive and exact for search purposes (on the server side) so I think the original intention was to have this search work as it used to. I don't have the search grammar in front of me at the moment to confirm.

[insert expletive here] I thought I had the new version of the app (I was wondering why nothing looked different!), but I didn't.

- Intitle is broken. Everything that ought to work (and did work a few minutes ago) doesn't now. Luckman is correct.

Ok, whew. Thought I was crazy for a sec. I will file a bug.

edit: ticket #157446 opened.

Thanks for filing the bug!

Just to be clear, you are correct (I was wrong above) that a search for intitle:homework ought to find all of the cases you mentioned. I should have put more thought into my response (my confusion about which version of Evernote I had didn't help).

Just wanted to make a final comment - looks like this bug has been squashed in some recent update. Thanks!